Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of a key logger.

1. Default How to get rid of a key logger.

Well i downloaded something, and it had a keylog attach to it because my steam got hacked so did my email and i don't know how to get rid of one.

Help would be nice, what can i do?

Im on labtop now and got my steam and email back, but still have my desktop on lockdown.
    Last edited by THE HOLY SH**T!; 02-24-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

2. Default

basically, i'd just scan like crazy. first, disconnect your comp from the internet. either unplug your modem or whatever you need, just make sure data isn't going out. second, run any antivirus software you have, download some free ones on your laptop if needed and transfer them over, etc.

if that doesn't work...you're quite in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

System restore? It actually does help in some cases.. (Or for me at least when I was getting rid of a virus that didn't let me view any internet pages.)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

The best and really only way to get rid of a problem this bad correctly is to reformat the entire computer.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The best and really only way to get rid of a problem this bad correctly is to reformat the entire computer.
    Yes, I have solved all my keylogger problems that way.

6. Default

How do i reformat my computer?

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

If you don't know how to reformat then you seriously fail. You have your windows disk that came with the pc?
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    How do i reformat my computer?
    well, there are two basic ways. first, (not reccommended) right click in windows explorer on your c: drive and click reformat.

this will fuck you up.

otherwise, there is normally a tool under system recovery or if you have the original install disk that should have the option.

like i said, don't do my first idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Christ Holy, why do you keep getting yourself into these messes?

10. Default

hmm, the original disk should be in the box in my attic, thanks for the help so far guys !