Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who banned an admin!?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    uhhhh, stop it with the downs?
    I'm sorry just my horomones are going off/ I have PMS

uhhh, just please refer to the TOS and you tell me was it a down or a plain wake up call.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

2. Default

he came and got me so i unbanned him but

ma_cexec players name name "....." works just fine for the future

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-Sonic View Post
    You know what I'm sorry if this sounds douche like

BUT YOUR FAULT, there is a right to ban people with the name UNNAMED/ no the admin's fault since you didn't have your tag on either
    Unnamed is not a bannable offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Unnamed is not a bannable offence.
    It is. Under certain circumstances, but it can be a ban-able offense.

If there was an unnamed the previous round that was kicked, then rejoined, kicked again then on the round change the admin saw unnamed join. They could be within reason to ban the unnamed temporarily. Add in the additional rule and the technicality of the person using unnamed (seeing as they, themselves, are an admin) and the ban could have been justified.

Without a tag the player is not considered to be an admin on the server. Once they put the tag on it is against the ToS to touch them with admin powers. There are exceptions to this rule, but they are few and far in between.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    It is. Under certain circumstances, but it can be a ban-able offense.

If there was an unnamed the previous round that was kicked, then rejoined, kicked again then on the round change the admin saw unnamed join. They could be within reason to ban the unnamed temporarily. Add in the additional rule and the technicality of the person using unnamed (seeing as they, themselves, are an admin) and the ban could have been justified.

Without a tag the player is not considered to be an admin on the server. Once they put the tag on it is against the ToS to touch them with admin powers. There are exceptions to this rule, but they are few and far in between.
    Yea realize that once certain circumstances are met almost anything is ban able. I just meant as a general thing you cant ban unnamed.
    Also considering how many unnamed there are, an admin should check to see if its the same one or a different one, even if it does end up causing more work

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Yea realize that once certain circumstances are met almost anything is ban able. I just meant as a general thing you cant ban unnamed.
    Also considering how many unnamed there are, an admin should check to see if its the same one or a different one, even if it does end up causing more work
    I know that I don't check and cross check the steam id's of each unnamed I change the name of or kick. Generally if an admin bans an unnamed it's for 5 minutes and this particular circumstance should be a very rare event.

If the player is concerned enough they'll come onto our forums, post, get unbanned (if they weren't unbanned already) and no harm done. S'all gravy, baby.

7. Default

wouldn't he still have shown up on the ma_admin list?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Doesn't matter. If you don't have your tag you're not considered an admin.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    Doesn't matter. If you don't have your tag you're not considered an admin.
    you still cant ban somebody who has admin. even if they dont have their tag on. tag or not, they are still an admin.

lesson here, pay attention to who is around you. use ma_admins frequently.

i go on the server all the time to check up on ppl with a diff name and no tag on. why? because people behave differently when they know an admin is there. plus its easier to demo hackers/rulebreakers.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    you still cant ban somebody who has admin. even if they dont have their tag on. tag or not, they are still an admin.

lesson here, pay attention to who is around you. use ma_admins frequently.

i go on the server all the time to check up on ppl with a diff name and no tag on. why? because people behave differently when they know an admin is there. plus its easier to demo hackers/rulebreakers.
    Zero has told me himself that if they don't have their tag on they aren't considered an admin and are subject to bans/kicks/etc by standard admins.

He'll have to say something official.