Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: who banned an admin!?

1. Default

regardless banning an unnamed without a warning is not acceptable in my opinion

2. Default

Agreed. You just don't ban "unnamed" on the spot. You should warn the person first. Also know that that person can't always change it on the spot. Wait till next round to see if he will change it.

Don't get ban happy though. Mess with the fucker first because most of the time they don't see the warnings. Change his name to something else. For instance

ma_cexec Unnamed name "clone likes dicks"

Player Unnamed has changed his name to "clone likes dicks."

3. Default

And remember that even when you DO ban an "unnamed" you are not banning the name nor other players from coming in with that name... you are actually banning by the steam id associated with that specific name at the time... most unnamed players are new to the game... remembers all you veterans... unnamed is the generic name given upon new install... if we ban all the unnamed than they might never be come someone worth remembering because they will get discouraged and not continue to play... think of the future... warn then warn again... then kick them... a good noob will soon ask how to change their name to begin with...

too bad a server message could not go out to all unnamed players upon coming onto the server, to change thier name and even give the command of how to do this, and if the name remains on the server for more than three rounds without changing it would auto-boot them like AFK's... since it is automatic it would not discriminate, and provide fair warning and crisis averted...

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!