Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fuck windows update

1. Default

i'm a computer science major.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i'm a computer science major.
    And you can't figure this out for yourself? My grandma can do this shit.
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Computer_science
    "Computer science is a branch of science focusing primarily on computers. It's a popular major in college; because of it's popularity amongst fanboys, bloggers, aspies and their narrow-minded beliefs on how they believe computers should work. "

Also, one thing that I find interesting is many times when you insult someone in WORLD OF WARCRAFT LOLZ they automatically shoot back with IM A COMPOOTER SCIENCE MAJOR!
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."

3. Default

well scrubs, i was trying for a fix that would not involve me having to copy everything to another account. especially now that anything referencing any of those files must now be reassigned.

and, scrubs, if your grandma can seriously fix this, i'd gladly call her up for advice next time something like this happens.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

Hopefully he can be one of the good ones b/c all the ones I have seen are noobs and one was a computer science teacher that believed that the G5 really was the most powerful computer when it came out.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Hopefully he can be one of the good ones b/c all the ones I have seen are noobs and one was a computer science teacher that believed that the G5 really was the most powerful computer when it came out.
    well, it probably helps that i'm pretty clueless to lots of things. semi-blank slate they say.

6. Default

+1 on hating windows updates. It has f'ed up several of my computers in the past.

7. Default

Have you talked to Microsoft, yet?

And are you using Windows 7? They can take over your computer and do a lot of the work themselves.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

8. Default

For when you get your account thing sorted out:
    Start --> Control Panel --> Security Center --> Automatic Updates --> Click Download Updates for me, but let me choose when to install them
    (Assuming you're running XP)

As for your account issue, I've had corrupted profiles in the past, and the only easy solution I saw was to delete the profile and start fresh. You can still access the files that were in your old profile in c:\documents and settings\<username>, but you won't be able to log in as that user.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    For when you get your account thing sorted out:
    Start --> Control Panel --> Security Center --> Automatic Updates --> Click Download Updates for me, but let me choose when to install them
    (Assuming you're running XP)

As for your account issue, I've had corrupted profiles in the past, and the only easy solution I saw was to delete the profile and start fresh. You can still access the files that were in your old profile in c:\documents and settings\<username>, but you won't be able to log in as that user.
    i do have it set up so that i can chose when to download them, but eventually, after saying no for a while, i can only postpone them.