Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Valve over 9000!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    who knows maybe when its announced they'll announce it goes with the orange box 2 including episode 3

hmm its been nearly 3 years since ep2 came out so maybe thats what the episode designation means, 3 years to make.
    Actually the original plan was to release an episode a year containing 5-8 hours of gameplay.

So ep 1 got released a year later, idk ep2 but they then said screw it were just going to finish the game in one last episode.

After that we didnt get any news on what was going on with it but we got some amazing games like l4d whilst we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

The ending to the game has also changed

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Also here are the decoded images from the game: http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/01...alve-upda.html

Possible link: "Apparently the original creator of the Minerva mod now works for Valve..."
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-03-2010 at 09:41 PM.

3. Default

I'm not a big fan of portal but it sort of pisses me off that they changed it just like that.

I liked the old ending better, what they should have done is put the robot dragging you at the end of the credits and left the original ending alone.

Yeah the minerva guy is working for valve, I really don't look forward to getting lost in his architecture, yeah it may be more realistic but god was it hard to navigate.

I really wish they would have hired someone who knows how the hell a car works to remodel the scout car and the jalopy and fixed them rather than that guy. Same goes for the weapons especially shotgun, mp7 and the 357.

Fix what needs to be fixed, dont fuck up the level design in the name of making it work like a real building should in that guys mind.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 03-04-2010 at 09:58 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Indeed and say goodbye to the idea of an orange box 2.

6. Default

Or will we.... will we.....