Thread: Source is crashing on me. anyone a guru on this?

Angry Source is crashing on me. anyone a guru on this?

My little nephew got a hold of the resolution options on the game and now every time i try to load the game it will try to launch and it will fail. I cannot access the game to play, or even change the resolution back. how do I fix this?

2. Arrow

Try to delete: \counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

3. Default

try this.

in the game you're trying to run, right click on it in steam, go to properties. then, click on "set launch options". this box allows you to enter in commandline codes the game will use when it is run. type in "-sw" without the quotes. now try to run the game. it should be forced into a window'ed mode.

he probably set the resolution to below what your monitor/gfx card can support. however, windows don't force the computer's resolution to change, instead only changing the size of the window itself. so whatever resolution it is, the window should be able to play it. then, change the resolution to whatever you want.

alternatively, if that doesn't work, you can get rid of the -sw command and replace it with the following (w/out the quotes of course) : "-w <width> -h <height>" where <width> and <height> correspond to your normal resolution. those commands are supposed to force the resolution to that size.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

thanks so much guys. your awesome.

acolyte your amazing! it works woot!

6. Default

this is how people make money by doing tech support. people always bring in problems, and never think to google them. in fact, quite a bit of the tech support market is taken by people who can figure out how to word google searches.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

i tried googling it but it kept sending me to steam support and they are about as useful as hot coffee in the middle of a heat wave so i thought i could ask here lol

8. Default

well, i googled source games resolution change

and found the valve developer's wiki or something like that...on a page about command line things