Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 432

Thread: PC Tech Talk

  1. Default PC Tech Talk

    I thought it might be good to start a thread about everything PC.

    I've noticed lots of people having problems and questions on pc stuff lately and it might be a good idea to have one thread devoted to computer problems, builds, and new tech stuff that's coming out instead of someone making a new thread when someone has something they want to share.

    I saw this and thought it was funny by the way

  2. Thumbs up Good Idea Magalicious

    I have thought about creating this thread myself after seeing all the PC talk lately as well. I am glad you did it mag. I was also thinking about creating a thread that pertains to everyone listing what kind of rig they have. I would be curious to see what kind of systems people are running.

    Also I have a quick question for anyone reading this post: I have 2x2 gig corsair ddr3 1600 240-pin (pc3 12800) 1.65v timing 8-8-8-24 c latency 8 memory sticks and I have two open slots and I want to put another 4 gig in this machine, but I am curious if I can use another brand and if I do, what specifications need to be the same for it to run correctly. For instance if it is different timing and stuff would that create a problem? I have seen a few deals on new egg for memory but I am hesitant to buy it because I don't know what is compatible with what I already have....help please!!!

  3. Thumbs up

    Have a question. Are there any other there have big issues with there HP Laptops. Me and my gf have 1 each. And the have both been broken over 2 times. So i will ask if any other have same problem with a HP.

    And what brand should i pick for the next computer. (remember has to be a laptop)


    Bullshit
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    I have thought about creating this thread myself after seeing all the PC talk lately as well. I am glad you did it mag. I was also thinking about creating a thread that pertains to everyone listing what kind of rig they have. I would be curious to see what kind of systems people are running.

    Also I have a quick question for anyone reading this post: I have 2x2 gig corsair ddr3 1600 240-pin (pc3 12800) 1.65v timing 8-8-8-24 c latency 8 memory sticks and I have two open slots and I want to put another 4 gig in this machine, but I am curious if I can use another brand and if I do, what specifications need to be the same for it to run correctly. For instance if it is different timing and stuff would that create a problem? I have seen a few deals on new egg for memory but I am hesitant to buy it because I don't know what is compatible with what I already have....help please!!!
    There been gaming setup thread been made but it gets buried easily
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...t=gaming+setup
    My Rig is on pg. 11

    And as far as you question goes I assume your running dual channel memory. and you board has it separated by two colors(Memory Banks). Its best to keep the same memory in the banks and try to keep each bank at the same speeds 1600mhz for bank 0 and bank 1. But far as brands go it shouldnt matter. Im not sure about latency though but I wouldnt think it would effect it to much if the latency from bank 0 and 1 are diffent.
    you can read more on it hear
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshit View Post
    Have a question. Are there any other there have big issues with there HP Laptops. Me and my gf have 1 each. And the have both been broken over 2 times. So i will ask if any other have same problem with a HP.

    And what brand should i pick for the next computer. (remember has to be a laptop)


    Bullshit
    I just fixed and HP with a corrupted Windows system and had to do a full system recovery, and a few weeks ago my buddy power button stopped working so he has to hit a media button to turn on his HP laptop anymore. But far as laptop go I have a toshiba and haven't ran into any problems with mine yet execpt its 4 years old and getting slow now compared to most.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post


    I just fixed and HP with a corrupted Windows system and had to do a full system recovery, and a few weeks ago my buddy power button stopped working so he has to hit a media button to turn on his HP laptop anymore.
    Holy shit my sister has the same problem and I had no idea what to tell her.
    It was after some company fixed the mobo as somehow it got fried.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    There been gaming setup thread been made but it gets buried easily
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...t=gaming+setup
    My Rig is on pg. 11

    And as far as you question goes I assume your running dual channel memory. and you board has it separated by two colors(Memory Banks). Its best to keep the same memory in the banks and try to keep each bank at the same speeds 1600mhz for bank 0 and bank 1. But far as brands go it shouldnt matter. Im not sure about latency though but I wouldnt think it would effect it to much if the latency from bank 0 and 1 are diffent.
    you can read more on it hear
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_channel



    I just fixed and HP with a corrupted Windows system and had to do a full system recovery, and a few weeks ago my buddy power button stopped working so he has to hit a media button to turn on his HP laptop anymore. But far as laptop go I have a toshiba and haven't ran into any problems with mine yet execpt its 4 years old and getting slow now compared to most.
    i have an 5 years old medion that still runs. But its cant run css..
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshit View Post
    Have a question. Are there any other there have big issues with there HP Laptops. Me and my gf have 1 each. And the have both been broken over 2 times. So i will ask if any other have same problem with a HP.

    And what brand should i pick for the next computer. (remember has to be a laptop)


    Bullshit
    lenovo thinkpad.

    i have a t500 and i love it. you can customise it a bit when you order it. i have vista 64bit, 4GB ram, and a discrete gfx. card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650).

    runs css beautifully, same w/ oblivion, fallout3, masseffect...
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshit View Post
    Have a question. Are there any other there have big issues with there HP Laptops. Me and my gf have 1 each. And the have both been broken over 2 times. So i will ask if any other have same problem with a HP.

    And what brand should i pick for the next computer. (remember has to be a laptop)


    Bullshit
    My grandpa has a dv6000 and it sucks dicks and breaks.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

    -----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

  9. Default

    we kinda agreed that we wont hava a HP again.. Maybe an acer next time
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

  10. Default I always thought....

    I always thought it was common knowledge HP Laptops suck major ass.....sorry you guys had to find out the hard way! And Asus does make some pretty good Laptops!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •