Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

How long is the typical RMA wait time... It's been 2 weeks and I am getting sick of my xbox.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    How long is the typical RMA wait time... It's been 2 weeks and I am getting sick of my xbox.
    2 weeks is incredibly long, what the hell are you RMAing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    2 weeks is incredibly long, what the hell are you RMAing?
    8800 gtx and motherboard. 8800 is PNY and motherboard was gigabyte. My motherboards PCI-express slot died, so it needed RMA. My 8800 gtx has a upper memory problem, causing artifacts in memory intensive games, not CS:S but games like crysis. When the motherboard went out I decided to RMA them both at the same time, since I was going to be without my desktop anyways.

4. Default

ok Im stuck between deciding on two cpu coolers?
    ZALMAN CNPS9900 or CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50

Im usually not a big fan of water cooling, always afraid of leaks but its a closed system, and i would almost feel that i would have a waste of the 5 fans that are already in my case.
    I plan on overclocking back up to 3.8ghz like i used to have it before my last cooler failed. Currently using stock cooler on my i7

Test results from 3dgameman at 4ghz
    zalman: idle 27c load 69c
    Corsair: idle 36c load 59c

Current system
    My gaming rig

Last edited by mag36; 05-18-2010 at 01:06 AM.

5. Default

the h50 will keep it cooler meaning you could do a higher OC.
    also you can easily lap the h50 for a few more degrees off http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Bravospaz/gamepad/
    If you want you could lap the CPU to, but that would void your warranty

use those 5 fans in your case to give your 4850s more of an OC and keep it cool

6. Default

wow really impressed with pny, they sent me a brand new 260 gtx to replace my 8800 gtx, hopefully new motherboard will be here soon.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    wow really impressed with pny, they sent me a brand new 260 gtx to replace my 8800 gtx, hopefully new motherboard will be here soon.
    nice a free 260 gtx, I want o.O

8. Default

Technically that could be bad if you needed the exact same board b/c you had a custom setup with wc or something. For example I have rmaed stuff and had to request that they did not try to "upgrade" me to the version 2 board that did not have the sas support that I required.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Technically that could be bad if you needed the exact same board b/c you had a custom setup with wc or something. For example I have rmaed stuff and had to request that they did not try to "upgrade" me to the version 2 board that did not have the sas support that I required.
    Yea motherboard wise it better be the same exact one, but a upgraded video card doesn't do much but improve my system

10. Default

@ uuntiltheendd

I strongly recommend you keep everything legit. If you don't, it will backfire. Trust me. I've done computer repairs for 3 years and the major problem for customers is always their free anti-virus.
    I've seen customers having 5 ANTI-VIRUS WORKING AT THE SAME TIME. All were trial version. I've had customers who came up to me saying that their new AV is better than what i recommended, but their AV turns out to be a Trojan Virus in disguise (stupid cheap assholes lol). Most customers who don't take my advice, go somewhere cheaper, or who do it themselves end up paying even more in repairs. some ended up buying another computer and the whole cycle repeats itself.

My repair process takes one whole day but its well worth the wait and money. the gauruntees all depend on the customer because its up the them to maintain a good condition to the PC.

Reinstallation is always recommended because you may have some Anti-virus that are not properly removed. also your registry will be clean and would be alot easier to install your new anti-virus. Its also best to reinstall incase your computer is highly infested with viruses.

I came across all top anti-virus such as Bit-defender, Nod32, Norton, Mcaffe, Panda, CA and Webroot. Some were complex and others had more that one program running at the same time slowing your PC performance. i've had cases where CA and Pand anti-virus were hacked and controlled. Kaspersky was the last AV i researched (regrettably). Luckily bought 5 Kaspersky Internet Securities for $20 each at Costco (it was on sale). 5 for 15 of my PCs. After reinstalling all my computers and installing Kaspersky i had not a single problems what so ever. Its very easy to use and runs on one program, real time. It will not slow down your computer like other cheap AVs. Best thing of all it works by itself it almost as if you don't have an anti-virus. its Downside is the Full Virus Scan. when you scan it... it works like a Horse taking up your speed as it works overload. good thing is that it finishes faster that other tops AVs.

To get Kaspersky Internet Security, you can buy it in Best Buy or Staples. they usually cost $80 for 3 pcs. I would go to a good website that sells for a good price. Since its not on sale in Costco anymore, i bought more on Amazon.com for $35....

Please take my advice and not go through what my customers did...