Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

Okay so I have an unusual question. My crack head uncle is broke again so he is coming to live with my dad. He has stolen things in the past, and I would like to use an old web cam to set up a surveillance that saves things in an remote, off my computer location, and be able to access them remotely. (Just in case he steals my pc.)

I have racked my brain on this, can't find anything.

It has to be free.

2. Default

Im getting a Geforce GTX 580 3gb video card for $220, which is regularly $630. I think that's pretty dirt cheap if you ask me lol

3. Default

The 600 series is so much better everything pre 600 series regardless of power is basiclaly worthless. The 600 series is more like 700 or 800 series as far as actual power is consurened vs what you normally get from going form one gen to the next.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    Okay so I have an unusual question. My crack head uncle is broke again so he is coming to live with my dad. He has stolen things in the past, and I would like to use an old web cam to set up a surveillance that saves things in an remote, off my computer location, and be able to access them remotely. (Just in case he steals my pc.)

I have racked my brain on this, can't find anything.

It has to be free.
    only thing i can think of that is close to free is(if you already have some webspace), using a free video capture software to save directly to your PC, then run a script to record at 1 min intervals(or however long, most security recordings are defaulted to 1 min) then upload those videos via script to the webspace, using Task Scheduler inside control panel > Admin tools

5. Default

I gave up trying to think of something free.
    You need some piece of hardware. I can think of many different ways to do it, none free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

just thought of something else you could do.

create 2 skype accounts, initiate video conference from another machine and use http://www.evaer.com/ to record video chat (or another software)

this is assuming you have 2 machines accessible, one being offsite and secure/trusted

7. Default

And screen capture for hours on end? D:

8. Default

it'll get the job done for freeish

9. Default

660 Ti is out
    Do want, and 660ti, 670, 680s, 690s all come with a free copy of boderlands 2, fuck yea.
    I have 150 EVGA bucks, Im hoping to get myself the evga 660 ti ftw edition. I am wondering if its a good Idea to use my 460 768MB as a physX card....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I am wondering if its a good Idea to use my 460 768MB as a physX card....
    oO, overkill.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones