Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

Product Features
    Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor P7450
    Features 2 processing cores, 1066MHz system bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.13GHz processor speed per core.
    2 high-performance processing cores
    To run multiple demanding applications simultaneously without hesitation.
    4GB DDR2 memory
    For multitasking power.
    Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
    Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.
    16" LED-backlit LCD high-definition widescreen display
    With 1366 x 768 resolution showcases your movies and games in stunning clarity.
    320GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
    Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times. 1 E-SATA connection for added convenience.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M graphics
    Features 1GB DDR3 video memory for lush images. HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV. 2 built-in speakers with Creative Audigy HD support.
    See the benefits of an NVIDIA graphics processor in your laptop.
    Built-in 1.3MP webcam
    Makes it easy to chat online with family and friends.
    Built-in facial recognition
    Protects sensitive information.
    8-in-1 media reader
    Supports MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Smart Media formats.
    IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
    For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
    Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
    Wirelessly connect to the Internet.
    Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps fast Ethernet LAN
    With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Web connection.
    Weighs 7.2 lbs. and measures just 1.6" thin
    For portable power.
    Fair battery life
    Of up to 1 hour and 36 minutes.
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
    Provides a stable computing platform.
    Software included
    With Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, Nero 8 Essentials and more.
    Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

Thats the features of the new computer i'm gonna buy soon. How is it going to handle l4d2 and most modern games?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Product Features
    Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor P7450

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M graphics

Thats the features of the new computer i'm gonna buy soon. How is it going to handle l4d2 and most modern games?
    Check this Site out for mobile graphics benchmarks
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compute...s.13849.0.html

yours looks like you wont have much of a problem

3. Default

a laptop with only an hour and a half of battery life is no laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

How much are you paying for that b/c my sisters has simular specs but better cpu and thus preformance with the M15x, your trying to buy an m17x are you not?

You really should look at core i5 or i7 as they are much faster than the old gen. Also do not be fooled by the lower clock speeds as they oc with turbo boost stock way way beyond spec.http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/lap...-benchmarked/1

You will see that the 720qm is way faster than your cpu even though it is rated at 1.6ghz

Ok I looked at the site and I see what your trying to do and yea I would do the same as there is no way in hell I would be forced to use ati and get fucked by them just to have the i7. Your best choice performance wise thus is to buy a M15x as it will be after than your M17x for about the same price.

NVM I realized your not talking about the M17x but you should still look at the M15x
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-06-2010 at 11:42 PM.

5. Default

I went to bestbuy yesterday and i saw some better computers but thanks anyway on the feedback guys. I saw a 310m nvidia graphics card with a dual core 2.33(sorry for my horrible tech talk).
    Last edited by mastercheff; 03-08-2010 at 10:03 AM.

6. Default

Do not get a 300 series! Its a TRAP!!!!! The 300 series are just rebrands of the old versions and are less powerful. This is not becuase Nvidia is trying to trick anyone but the OEMs demanded that Nvidia rebrand their lower lines so they could trick customers into thinking it is new. Tne 260m, 280m and 285m are the fastest out there right now. See this page for more information: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_m_series.html

Also the specs on the system you just posted would have lower gaming performance then my M11x which starts at $700 and yes it only 11.6"

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Thanks but I am looking more for a briefcase. Also I need to be able to store the items in a separate pocket from the computer to prevent them from destroying each other.
    I use the Swiss Army computer bag for my business briefcase and PC bag as I have the Patriot and it comes with 2 in 1.

There are many to choose from and the quality is topflight and the price is great! Staples wanted $139.95 for the same bag I bought online for $69.00.

http://www.buy.com/store/wenger-swis...ags/58703.html

EDIT:

Mos Def - Ref. mixed memory and brands. There are MB out there today, like the one I have (Crosshair 3) that will allow you to mix and match but are not that common.

Rule of thumb is to always use the same memory matched memory right down to the same batch if possible. I have 4 sticks of Corsair of 2g each and I bought them at two different times (within 4-5 months) I got as close as I could to the original purchase but they were no longer making what I bought originallly so I bought the replacement batch memory which were similar but faster than the first set. I can get them balanced close in the cmos but they are still different while performing w/o any problems I attribute that to the MB I have.
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 03-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

8. Default

Ah thanks ZERO i'll be sure to find one that isn't "ITS A TARP". I'm not sure if bestbuy knows how to find a decent computer for a price below 900 to a 11 y/o kid. I'll try to find one thats decent online then.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Do not get a 300 series! Its a TRAP!!!!! The 300 series are just rebrands of the old versions and are less powerful. This is not becuase Nvidia is trying to trick anyone but the OEMs demanded that Nvidia rebrand their lower lines so they could trick customers into thinking it is new. Tne 260m, 280m and 285m are the fastest out there right now. See this page for more information: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_m_series.html

Also the specs on the system you just posted would have lower gaming performance then my M11x which starts at $700 and yes it only 11.6"
    Nividia has dissapointed me as of late beacuse of that
    310 rebranded 210 rebranded something rebranded 8800gtx I think it went.

My card is a rebranded 8800 gts or gs(idk its a 9600gso) or god fucking damnit nvidia enough with this shit, and release a DX11 card to compete with ATI!

I never heard someone say it was the OEMs fault o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

Well all i wanted was a good graphics card and what not to game and all of these little secrets and bullshit pop up why can't it be simple :S