Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

Comcast gives you free AV, it used to be Mcaffie but now its Norton.

I used to use Norton my whole computer life untill Comcast started this, and I must say back then Norton sucked (resorse hog that didint catch everything :/) but the most recent version is amazing, it will never slow down your computer while you are using it. It waits till you just idle your PC to do any updates/scans and puts them on hold if you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

I would not trust anyone who only has 1 entry in the VB100. What is Norton afraid of, people realizing it does not work...

3. Default

The Comcast AV is awesome. So light I don't even notice it's running half the time, and does it's job pure and simple. I fumbled around with NOD32 and AVG with my old laptop, but it always had performance issues. Norton AV with Comcast is legit.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Hmm that really disapointing GTX465 can possibly be unlocked to a 470, makes me have hope for that week card.

5. Default

Actually some got 470 that had the 465 bios and thus a 465 and were like wtf and had to rma. So we do know that the 465 bios works on the 470 but not if the 470 bios will work on the 465.

6. Default

Yea apparently in the rush to push out the 465s, a few 470s got put in the initial batch, however as far as we know the only thing missing is the 2 memory chips. The rest could still be functional, so a moded Bios could possibly get it to work, however those parts are disable for a reason. There is also the rumor that nividia destroyed the other parts on the card so that we can never unlock them, its yet to been seen. something that should be nice to follow.

7. Default

I have a question when I use my computer my fan makes a LOUD fucking noise and happens for no reason, its not even hot inside and will do it for long periods of time then will randomly stop and go again... What is it?

my PC: HP Pavilion Elite M9150F Desktop PC (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 720 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium NVIDA GeForce 8500 GT

Yes yes i know my PC is crappy, but I'm getting a new one so can anyone make a custom PC for me that is for gaming?

My Price Range is up to 0 - 2,250 for everything from monitors,speakers, key and mouse etc., I am giving this shitty comp for my brother
    Last edited by Holy-Sonic; 06-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-Sonic View Post

my PC: HP Pavilion Elite M9150F Desktop PC (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 720 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium NVIDA GeForce 8500 GT

Yes yes i know my PC is crappy, but I'm getting a new one so can anyone make a custom PC for me that is for gaming?
    what's your price range willing to spend on the pc? do you already have a monitor, key/mouse, speakers? You got any parts you don't need to buy new?

I can go on new egg and make you a wishlist, but either you'd have to put it together yourself or send it to me (a complete stranger) to put it to gether and maybe send it to you, lol.

gimmie your old one, i'll pay for shipping!!!!

9. Default

no send it to me ill rip that quad core and HDD out and put it in mine

And yea sonic, give us a budget and we can make you a wishlist.

10. Default

Fans ride on ball barrings over time these ware out and get filled with dust ect. This will cause noise, fan failure and a fire.