Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

My G9 Teflon feet have seen roughly 40% use on a gloss particle board surface l since 09, not even half worn or even many scratches. What mouse do you use Brett?

And to What, mine doesn't jump across the screen on gloss, but it will make some jagged movement. The only true downside imo with a true laser mouse. Precision with a pad and low DPI can go pixel for pixel though. No optical is getting close.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

switch between a corsair m65 and mionix naos 3200. i believe you, but some hard surfaces are gonna be more abrasive than others, and if they're not abrasive they're slicker than i like, and because i anchor my wrist it's nice to have that padding.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    switch between a corsair m65 and mionix naos 3200. i believe you, but some hard surfaces are gonna be more abrasive than others, and if they're not abrasive they're slicker than i like, and because i anchor my wrist it's nice to have that padding.
    Those are nice, how heavy are they? I prefer mice with as much weight to them as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Those are nice, how heavy are they? I prefer mice with as much weight to them as possible.
    naos is pretty light, and the 3200 doesn't have adjustable weights. the m65 on the other hand is pretty heavy, has 3 optional weights which are screwed into the bottom of the mouse. my preference is actually no weight and no screws for minimal weight, but with the weights in it's fairly hefty.

Fire, walk with me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    naos is pretty light, and the 3200 doesn't have adjustable weights. the m65 on the other hand is pretty heavy, has 3 optional weights which are screwed into the bottom of the mouse. my preference is actually no weight and no screws for minimal weight, but with the weights in it's fairly hefty.
    Well then the m65 looks like it's the way to go, thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

6. Default

My mouse has loadable weights. I prefer none as well.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Well then the m65 looks like it's the way to go, thanks man.
    they're very different in terms of shape though, keep that in mind. the naos 5000 has adjustable weights i believe, and that shape is perfect for a palm grip. the m65 is for more of a claw/fingertip grip.

Fire, walk with me.

8. Default

Hey guys. So my parents had been complaining about their laptop running slowly as of late and have asked me to try and fix whatever issues it has and I seem to have run into something that I'm not really sure how to fix.

When it's connected to the internet and only when it is in the process manager a number of dllhost.exe processes appear (somewhere around 10 of them). Each of the progressively uses more and more RAM until all of the RAM is pretty much being used. I've run Malware Bytes and MSE on the laptop and they both found files that are malicious and with those programs i deleted all the files that they found and the problem is still persisting.

At this point I'm a bit stuck. I have a couple more things to try out later tonight but I wanted to see if I could get another opinion on it.

9. Default

Just backup and reformat ....

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Locust View Post
    Hey guys. So my parents had been complaining about their laptop running slowly as of late and have asked me to try and fix whatever issues it has and I seem to have run into something that I'm not really sure how to fix.

When it's connected to the internet and only when it is in the process manager a number of dllhost.exe processes appear (somewhere around 10 of them). Each of the progressively uses more and more RAM until all of the RAM is pretty much being used. I've run Malware Bytes and MSE on the laptop and they both found files that are malicious and with those programs i deleted all the files that they found and the problem is still persisting.

At this point I'm a bit stuck. I have a couple more things to try out later tonight but I wanted to see if I could get another opinion on it.
    Check the installed programs for anything strange. Also is start menu search msconfig and make sure no malicious program is booting when the comp turns on. If there is, change it and reboot. then delete the files again. Without more info, its tough to provide any advice.

here is some more info

The COM+ hosting process controls processes in Internet Information Services (IIS) and is used by many programs. For example, it loads the .NET runtime. There can be multiple instances of the DLLhost.exe process running.
    Note: The dllhost.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, dllhost.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!
    Virus with same file name: Worm/Nachi.A.1 - antivir.de

In other words, that process should exisit but it could be controlled by worms viruses ect. check your browser plugins, if you dont recall installing anything thenget rid of that crap!
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 09-28-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Personal reform