Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

Yea like I said it is not Nvidias fault as they had no choice but they did make the rebrands for OEM only to prevent confusion in the normal market.

So you want the best thing for <900$?

What do you need the computer to do? Really the best way is to tell us how much money you want to spend and we can tell you the best you can get for that price. Do you need a lot of storage space or anything else? What is your max increase if you could get something a lot better for only... more.

My M11x has a 335m which is over 4 times faster than the 310m a 1.7ghz core 2 duo 4gb DDR3 and a 500gb HDD. It cost <$1000 with student discount. It has a built in web cam, facial recognition, 8 hours of battery life, <5lbs, 720p monitor and better gaming performance than yours. The only thing it does not have is any disc drive.

If you tell us what you need and how much we got we can find you the best deals.

Also I wanted to point out that the 310 is slower than the 210.

2. Default

Well i need a computer below 1000$ that has a decent amount of storage and battery life. It should also be able to run battle field bad company 2 decently. The screen should be somewhat decent into 11-15 inches as well and a 1hour or close to 2 hour battery would be fine. Also i should be able to find the laptop you guys are recommending at bestbuy.

3. Default

Your not going to find anything good at a store. They will all be overpriced and the logic behind this is simple. Because the computer is located in a store you not only got to cover the costs to get it there but now the cost of it being in the store along with all the employees, ect. You are also limited to whatever the store has with no room to customize the product to fit your unique needs. Is there any reason you want to get it at bestbuy? Note that shipping is not very much to free on a lot of laptops on the internet and the ability to custom order allows you to get what is best for you.

Also what you described is bad battery life you would be hard pressed to find a computer that gets less than 2 hours battery life when not gaming. Also how important is portability? Can you lug a 10lbs brick with you or do you want the smallest thing that can play your games and get good fps?

At your price point I would recommend the M11x if you want something portable and gaming systems from Asus if you want something a bit bigger. Those are the two best performance options at your price point and they are not sold at bestbuy...

4. Default

For the most part Gaming laptop is an oxymoron (untill i saw the mx11 holy shit)
    You have a 10 lb brick and 1-2 hours of battery life, Id rather have a 500$ laptop and an actual gaming PC at home.

Like zero said the mx11 would be your best bet.
    up to 8 hours of life when not gaming and im sure that you could find a 6 cell battery for it and get 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

oh well i'll get the one i said above now but thanks for all the help but i think i'll be fine on one of those mediocre gaming laptops bestbuy has

6. Default

It already has a 6 cell...

7. Default

That is not a gaming laptop though!!! Even with a 335m the m11x barely qualifies. Anything under that is not a gaming laptop and WILL NOT RUN GAMES.

You might as well buy a 400$ netbook b/c a 310 is not going to run games. Maybe CS:S if you turn everything all the way down. But you are not going to be able to play any new games at any decent quality.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    It already has a 6 cell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

/HULK SMASH Well i might as well settle for a netbook then.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    /HULK SMASH Well i might as well settle for a netbook then.
    This is the same conundrum I have haha. I keep looking and I see these laptops with DX11 graphics but then its out of my price range. I have my epic desktop at home so I may as well just buy a netbook with a 14 hour battery life