Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

Update on my VIdeo Card. Sent it to EVGA. After 20 million questions asked by the tech. His conclusion was to RMA it. Sent out today and should have a new NVIDIA 260 GTX in a couple of weeks.

As for laptops...I can never play games on one. I'm going to build my new desktop soon. Its much cheaper to build one. No more DELL desktops for me.

2. Default

Just an fyi there are no dx11 laptops...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Just an fyi there are no dx11 laptops...
    yea I was wondering about that when he said it. As far as I know the only way to have DX11 is to have a 5000 series card until nividia pulls its head out its ass and finally release a new card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Also there are virtually no if any games that actually use DX11 or are planed to. In fact with valve looking at mac now and the announcement of opengl4 it is possible that many may be using that instead anyways. Valve especially may be making the move toward opengl4 for its new games down the road. Nvidia has said that its new cards will support opengl4 and ati has not given any word but will likely fallow nvidia.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    yea I was wondering about that when he said it. As far as I know the only way to have DX11 is to have a 5000 series card until nividia pulls its head out its ass and finally release a new card.
    There ARE 5000 series laptop graphics available though they are few and far between and range in price between $850 and $1600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ue=402%3A54305

6. Default

The current gen laptop cards are always 1 gen behind the desktop even if they have the same name. However it probably does have dx11 support as the software is the same even if the hardware gen if different due to revision changes.

7. Default

I watch a youtube show called Hak5 and the had an interresting topic on public wifi's and how easy it is to mess with people. So if your one of those people who take your laptop everywhere and connect to hotspots.
    Think twice before just connecting to them.
    skip to 3:00 to get the the main part of the show
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    I watch a youtube show called Hak5 and the had an interresting topic on public wifi's and how easy it is to mess with people. So if your one of those people who take your laptop everywhere and connect to hotspots.
    Think twice before just connecting to them.
    skip to 3:00 to get the the main part of the show
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    That show is actually owned by revison3, they have alot of intersting shows. I genreally only watch tekzilla and HD nation
    http://revision3.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

10. Default

LOL that sounds about right