Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sincere question

1. Default

Well maybe they should all pool the money they use to purchase admin on ibis and pay there and play there instead... problem solved... then they will be treated as common noobs when they come back and treated accordingly to how the behave, subject to kicks, bans and even removal from steam...

"The hardest part of any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher (at least I believe that is what she said, I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

Too many ellipses in this thread. It's making me rage.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Too many ellipses in this thread. It's making me rage.
    ...there's like...4.

chill ren...you're scaring us.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ...there's like...4.

chill ren...you're scaring us.
    Stop...That... Acolyte...

(It's actually more difficult to read paragraphs with ellipses in place of periods because you make the pauses longer in your mind--thus the reading goes more slowly.)

5. Default

When I had one of my late night surprise rape sessions the other nights and pwned the server for 15min I did not notice any lag problems at all and the server was almost full. Are you sure you were getting 100fps and that your rates are properly configured for 100tick? Also are you sure there was not a lot of people with over 100ping on. One or two of these guys is fine but when there gets to be a few of them it can cause lag as everyone is waiting for them. This is seen in the headshot issue you stated, the person who killed you usually has lower ping than you do and thus gets the kill. When the players are shooting each other the server actually goes back and forth though time to determine where the players were and thus create a no latency environment that is always balanced toward low ping. In addition the engine takes into account order of shots but only does so after you finish shooting.

So for example:
    You and other guy shoot eachother at the same exact time even when compensated for lag.
    You both kill eachother with the first shot.
    Who ever stops shooting first gets the kill
    Kill will not be computed until both finish shooting (this part is where the lag you see occurs)

Also that is interesting what you say about Walter. What he is doing is not currently against the rules but is an exploitation of the spirit of them. I think I should update the rules to include the malicious spread of dissidence in order to rally support for a competing entity.
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-05-2010 at 10:37 AM.

6. Default

well, zero, what are our rates supposed to be for wcs? i'll change mine to those because i used to get almost no lag on gg or zm as well, except for map lag of course. when my windows account got corrupted, and i had to reinstall cs, that might have restored the default rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

only thing i heard walter moan about was holy dart and okinawa

8. Default

I've had the server address PM'd to me, but it wasn't walter.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

9. Default

My rates are rate 30000 cl_cmdrate 100 cl_updaterate 101 which is The correct setting for 100 tick servers.

I usually ping from 15-20 on the server also, I turn off all my msn and things too to make sure there is very little interruption.

I'll take a demo for you and post it.

I hear a lot of walter smack talk 'cause he doesn't like me, I'm out spoken and don't put up with peoples shit much. Ask the GG crew :3

10. Default

I have the BSCo. tag on (finally after much prodding) however will I be leaving once their servers are up and running? No. Walter is a friend and I wear the tag in support of his efforts, as he has put a lot into what he's doing with his clan. If I get an extra $9-$11 a month will I support his servers monetarily? Yes.

I would chill out about him wanting to destroy IBIS; it's not his goal. He simply doesn't agree with how the community is organized and ran. As a result, he wants to create his own place where he can make the rules and run the community accordingly. The bulk of people following him to BSCo. are people who feel the same way about IBIS. There's nothing any of us can do to stop them, and I would say that IBIS will be more like-minded once the switch actually happens. IBIS regulars will still be IBIS regulars and IBIS admins are going to still be IBIS admins. The community will be largely unchanged.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?