Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sincere question

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I would chill out about him wanting to destroy IBIS
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions?

2. Default

I have the BSCo. tag on (finally after much prodding) however will I be leaving once their servers are up and running? No. Walter is a friend and I wear the tag in support of his efforts, as he has put a lot into what he's doing with his clan. If I get an extra $9-$11 a month will I support his servers monetarily? Yes.

I would chill out about him wanting to destroy IBIS; it's not his goal. He simply doesn't agree with how the community is organized and ran. As a result, he wants to create his own place where he can make the rules and run the community accordingly. The bulk of people following him to BSCo. are people who feel the same way about IBIS. There's nothing any of us can do to stop them, and I would say that IBIS will be more like-minded once the switch actually happens. IBIS regulars will still be IBIS regulars and IBIS admins are going to still be IBIS admins. The community will be largely unchanged.
    i agree completely. he's free to do what he wills. but he shouldn't be coming into our servers and bitching about them. he needs to grow the fuck up. if he doesn't lkike ibis' servers, then he doesn't have to come over. but quite simply, what he's doing is bullshit. he pops in, bitches, and leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i agree completely. he's free to do what he wills. but he shouldn't be coming into our servers and bitching about them. he needs to grow the fuck up. if he doesn't lkike ibis' servers, then he doesn't have to come over. but quite simply, what he's doing is bullshit. he pops in, bitches, and leaves.
    Well that's the thing he isn't doing it every time. Sometimes he joins and stays for like 2 hours without complaining at all, even doing his job(I think this is when he's actually drunk lol). He only joins and complains when he's on his period.

But definitely, he needs to stop the QQing about IBIS as an admin playing, it doesn't look good for your clan either way.

Someone earlier mentioned you should limit his admin power, I think that should be done across the board anyway.

4. Default

First off let me say that I think that walter is fun to play with. I have no idea why he does not like IBIS. I am almost curious as to why he does not like IBIS. I have played my fair share of servers and this group is the best I have found. Admin abuse is hardly ever a problem, and if it is, it is dealt with accordingly. The servers run as great imo, yea it has hiccups but so does every server. My one and only complaint would be that some maps just need to be removed from the line up and maybe some fresh ones added, which for some reason they are not changed, even after several complaints. (wink wink ZERO!). I have not personally seen him recruit anyone in game. I have heard him complain about the server though, a few times at that. I do think that if he does not truly support IBIS he should not be an admin, regardless of the 11 bucks a month. No company or organization would allow someone the right to manage their organization if they did not truly support the organization, regardless if they are paying money to have that power. Ne ways thats my two cents.

5. Default

I have the BSCo. tag on (finally after much prodding) however will I be leaving once their servers are up and running? No. Walter is a friend and I wear the tag in support of his efforts, as he has put a lot into what he's doing with his clan. If I get an extra $9-$11 a month will I support his servers monetarily? Yes.

I would chill out about him wanting to destroy IBIS; it's not his goal. He simply doesn't agree with how the community is organized and ran. As a result, he wants to create his own place where he can make the rules and run the community accordingly. The bulk of people following him to BSCo. are people who feel the same way about IBIS. There's nothing any of us can do to stop them, and I would say that IBIS will be more like-minded once the switch actually happens. IBIS regulars will still be IBIS regulars and IBIS admins are going to still be IBIS admins. The community will be largely unchanged.

I do not believe that Walter could destroy ibis nor is he... the fact though, is that he is recruiting through ibis servers (as previously stated) and it is this discontent for ibis servers and the lack of respect for the server he and his lackey's have mostly started with... Go Walter... Take your discontent, your list of friends acquired from ibis and Steam, and move on... word of mouth from your server... but as a regular or if you decide to stay here with us at ibis Gaming... show us our just respects...

"Treat others as they have treated you, cuz Ladies the jelly it's just for bread anymore" ~Shawinna Jackson, Stripper I befriended through a former girlfriend... ahh Shaw....!

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

6. Default

i agree with with walter about the zm, but the GG, PUB and WCS are good and active.

I personally think the zm server is shit now, but hey maybe walter's could actually be better when he's got it ready to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

7. Default

I personally like Walter, he atleast still comes in the IBIS server to admin sometimes but is angry because he has to leave his BSCo server.. and it isnt really a rivalry, hes just recruiting.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by washythebreaker View Post
    hes just recruiting.

Recruiting is a no no on these servers. He isn't openly recruiting but he still is.
    I've been here through the SGC and SMUT break-offs, both times I lost play time with some of the best people on these servers IMO. I don't want to see it happen again honestly.

9. Default

Walter is going to be Walter, and Im not sure if I call it recruiting, if you look at his friends list he has 245 friends and I know 45 of them are my friends too and all from Ibis. Like any friend you will support them even if you don't quite agree with everything. Im in the BSCo list cause I was asked and I don't mind playing with a few friends on his zm server every once in a while, but i still love the ibis servers, zm doesn't quite have the fell as it used to be but i think most of the old regulars dont play it much anymore.

I play whatever sever where my friends are to have a good time. And lately thats been GunGame for me.

Far as I know Walter still does his job as admin and if he still wants to pay for ibis.a I say let him.

But I don't where clan tags I like being my own individual and your not a regular if you don't know the people in the community

10. Default

I've never seen Walter recruit through IBIS servers. Any communication with me has been through steam friends.

Some of you have to realize that Walter has been apart of this community for a long time and the bulk of his friends are IBIS regulars. Some recruiting will happen with IBIS regulars because they are his friends. There's nothing wrong with that. Likewise, some of you are blowing this up beyond what it really is. If you were to take admin away or limit the powers of every admin who has complained about IBIS you wouldn't be looking at many admins left. The only ones that haven't complained are in the clan. Largely because the clan only recruits like-minded individuals from the community-at-large.

Regardless, we all have our issues with how things are run, no matter how small, and simply because Walter is more vocal doesn't mean much. People from GG complain about ZMod, and vice-versa; people who play Pub complain about WCS, and vice versa, and ever combination thereafter. This isn't new. IBIS regulars complain about other servers, should we start banning anyone who complains publicly against our servers? I know a lot of clan members who have complained about ZMod. Does this mean we should ban them, too?

I will continue to improve the community whether or not Walter does BSCo. will all of you? Chill out, peoples.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?