Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sincere question

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I've never seen Walter recruit through IBIS servers. Any communication with me has been through steam friends.

Some of you have to realize that Walter has been apart of this community for a long time and the bulk of his friends are IBIS regulars. Some recruiting will happen with IBIS regulars because they are his friends. There's nothing wrong with that. Likewise, some of you are blowing this up beyond what it really is. If you were to take admin away or limit the powers of every admin who has complained about IBIS you wouldn't be looking at many admins left. The only ones that haven't complained are in the clan. Largely because the clan only recruits like-minded individuals from the community-at-large.

Regardless, we all have our issues with how things are run, no matter how small, and simply because Walter is more vocal doesn't mean much. People from GG complain about ZMod, and vice-versa; people who play Pub complain about WCS, and vice versa, and ever combination thereafter. This isn't new. IBIS regulars complain about other servers, should we start banning anyone who complains publicly against our servers? I know a lot of clan members who have complained about ZMod. Does this mean we should ban them, too?

I will continue to improve the community whether or not Walter does BSCo. will all of you? Chill out, peoples.
    Regardless of who complains about a server, an admin should never have another agenda at hand. Thats what I am saying. Do you think McDonalds would want a manager that works there, but owns a Burger King? It is like conflict of interest or whatever, should not be, but that is just my opinion.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    Regardless of who complains about a server, an admin should never have another agenda at hand. Thats what I am saying. Do you think McDonalds would want a manager that works there, but owns a Burger King? It is like conflict of interest or whatever, should not be, but that is just my opinion.
    This is a gaming community. There is often a lot of overlap in terms of members. For instance: I'm apart of IBIS, Conspiracy, BSCo., and NSP gaming communities just to name a few. I'm the leader of the NSP community, does that mean that I have conflicting interests? No. I simply have a lot of people I play games with. I want to monetarily support IBIS servers, should I not be able to because I'm involved in other communities?

When there's money involved it's a different story, a la McDonalds and Burger King. And besides, people have been complaining about IBIS without having agendas for a long time, now.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Recruiting is a no no on these servers.
    Yeah I kinda figured considering i'm the one that answered your question telling you its a No no. All I said was he was recruiting I did NOT say whatsoever that it was acceptable on IBIS servers, honostly i dont even know where I am going with this. But I respect the fact that Walter atleast has his own clan now and completely has nothing to do with IBIS anymore but he still spends his time leaving HIS OWN SERVER to come in baby sit in IBIS. I think thats pretty respectful if you ask me. You guys shouldnt even be crying about if he is recruiting or not on the ibis servers. If you want something done, go buy admin and ban him yourself, no1 is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    This is a gaming community. There is often a lot of overlap in terms of members. For instance: I'm apart of IBIS, Conspiracy, BSCo., and NSP gaming communities just to name a few. I'm the leader of the NSP community, does that mean that I have conflicting interests? No. I simply have a lot of people I play games with. I want to monetarily support IBIS servers, should I not be able to because I'm involved in other communities?
    Yes, but you don't come in just to bitch about IBIS. Simply being a member of two communities isn't a problem. I'd say a very large chunk of us are members of more than one community.

Honestly, this is probably just what happens. If a server/community is big or popular enough, you get breakaways that think, "HEY, THIS LOOKS EASY! I could make an even better one!"

Nothing significant comes of it--I just think it makes IBIS look a little weak to have their own admins bitching about the community. When I was pissed about IBIS, I just left for a month or two. Time does wonders.

5. Default

I agree with you Ren, I do believe most admins bitch about stupid shit, hence why I dont play with ibis.a's.

6. Default Mentlegen...

Thank you for the entertainment. I had many lulz!

7. Default

another waste of time just close this thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Thank you for the entertainment. I had many lulz!
    You're thanking us for the entertainment? I bow to you, good sir.

9. Default

Considering that the traffic on the ZM server is at its highest in 2 years I do not think it is going anywhere. However yes as always there are many things that need to be updated. Once I get back from vacation there will be time to do map updates and I need to make a more clearly defined system for how people can ensure that I am keeping track of there requests. I also plan on beginning the work on upgrading us to the new web site when I get back and that will open up some new options for how to coordinate information.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    You're thanking us for the entertainment? I bow to you, good sir.
    Oh please, you're too kind.

It was nothing, really.

*prepares to give Oscar speech*