Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia 196.75 Driver WARNING

1. Arrow Nvidia 196.75 Driver WARNING

The fan control code might be buggy on the new NVIDIA driver which resulted in a burned card for some users.

NVIDIA has removed this driver from their website. This occurred back on the fifth but I wanted to warn anyone who may have updated on the 5th and are still using this driver.

Please remove this driver from your system unless a fixed one has been released.

2. Default

Thanks for the heads-up ZERO.

Burnt hardware is not a good time.

3. Default

Too late for me. My card did burn out. Was wondering what was the cause. Is there anyway I can obtain a replacement ? I'm going to check the NVIDIA now.

4. Red face Nys

You should probably contact Nvidia directly. If they are admitting fault and that their driver was the problem, you may be able to get a new card free of charge. Who knows though, these freaking big companies always seem to get away with crap all the time and not have to show any kind of responsibility at all.....Good luck brother.....

Mos

5. Default

Don't talk shit about nVidia. They are an awesome company!

They have GREAT cards/chipsets and EXCELLENT drivers! They include drivers for operating systems that are not as mainstream as MS Windows, and a few that have quite a low share in the market, and I love them for it!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    You should probably contact Nvidia directly. If they are admitting fault and that their driver was the problem, you may be able to get a new card free of charge. Who knows though, these freaking big companies always seem to get away with crap all the time and not have to show any kind of responsibility at all.....Good luck brother.....

Mos
    I'm going to look into it this week. Thanks !

7. Default

You may want to track this thread for updates: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...22#post4274722

8. Default

I just replaced my NVidia card because the god damn fan was so fucking loud. They sent a replacement to me in 5 days free of charge. I love them
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I just replaced my NVidia card because the god damn fan was so fucking loud. They sent a replacement to me in 5 days free of charge. I love them
    What company ? EVGA ? PNY ?

probably bfg
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers