Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Oh, come on now, Dr Tran

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    Was just banned by Dr Tran |Ibis.a (STEAM_0:0:48377), because I'm sure he thought I was ztele'ing from zombies. The fact was that I did end up ztele'ing from him as a zombie (lol), but as everyone knows, ztele for humans takes 3 full seconds to take effect. This is not so straight forward and I feel that a kick and ban is too severe, and should be reversed, and this is why:

The map was space_stationzzzzzzzzzz, and myself and others were headed to the alternate mini-ship escape, and I wasn't sure how close zombies were behind us, or at all. Honestly. What I did know was that I had no idea where I was going, and I wanted to head for X-Wing. When I arrived at the alternate ship, and I saw there were no zombies near us, I ztele'd because I wanted to go back to spawn and head to X-Wing. During the 3 second interval, Dr Tran (the only zombie) shows up and starts jumping toward us to start tagging. As he starts to tag, I end up ztele'ing away.

10-15 seconds later, BANHAMMER. Didn't kick first or ask for an explanation, just instant ban. Thats dumb, and Dr Tran is being dumb by doing it.

tl;dr plz unban admin was mistaken and takes the game too seriously
    \

The interwebs are full of cereal people so just take it like a man.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    This isn't in the admin abuse section, it's in the "unban me" section.

The ban should be up, regardless. Again, the rule of thumb I use is don't !ztele after the first zombie has spawned. Saves you from a lot of grief. Even with the implementation of the 3 second timer, it's meant to make it harder for humans to !ztele away from zombies, not to make it legal.
    My point exactly, and the reason as to why I put this in the Unban section instead of the Admin Abuse section: I don't see it as abuse, because technically I was doing those things. I did end up ZTELE'ing from the mini-ship because I wanted to go to XWING at JUST the right moment that he showed up and got near me (you got close to me at JUST the right moment, lol), and it is true that I was outside of the map on the previous map and I fired a few shots into him (lol.) I certainly didn't KILL him or any other zombies (to my knowledge) while outside the map, and I don't see any of my actions as being too extreme, but technically these things did happen. The thread is titled passively, "Oh, come on now" as such.

I was asking for unban because at the time I really wanted to play ZM, was hoping for someone to show up and just do it so I could get back to doing what's fun. On a separate note, I love that I always leave a post on IBIS and come back a week or so later and its a 3-page topic. <3