Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: we should have

1. Default we should have

an irc thingy.

you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

like when you type /irc something to call in an admin?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by washythebreaker View Post
    like when you type /irc something to call in an admin?
    no. an irc server w/ channels. you use an irc client to connect, join a channel, and chat that way. nice, clean, simple. much simpler than vent, just no voice.

hell, it's even possible to make bots that automaticaly transfer files if you request it.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

He may be refering to something like "TeamSpeak", mIRC or other third party communcations product... I previously used TeamSpeak while playing Battlefield 1942... great for speaking to other team mates without other team knowing our plans, and it worked rather well...

However I find messaging through steam to work just fine...

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

5. Default

no no.

not teamspeak.

we set up an irc server..

fuck it. here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

mIRC is a specific client program you can use to interact w/ and access/chat on the irc network (and it's servers and their channels)

6. Default

What would we use it for? Just regular chat? If you wanted a chat room, you could ask Zero to implement it into the website.

I'm confused on what we could use IRC for?

7. Default

wtf uses irc anymore? Reminds me of dinosaur text chat rooms prior to ventrilo and teamspeak. The IBIS steam community has a chat room, so unless this is just for idling purposes and you want to take gaming back to like 2005 when irc and gamesurge was awesome to idle and dick around because steam and xfire were only starting to perfect chatting while gaming. Plus you would need clan admins to monitor the irc channel, and it's probably going to be too much of a hassle. Steam has pretty much defeated several big time communities from using irc anymore.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

Wow I would have assumed you guys would have known what IRC is.
    I agree we should have a channel, it would be fun and bring the community a bit closer... or start more flame wars.
    Either way

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

.....deleted this thread.

Like Loka said...who the hell uses irc anymore ? We have steamchat or ventrilo.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    .....deleted this thread.

Like Loka said...who the hell uses irc anymore ? We have steamchat or ventrilo.
    nicde job deleting this thread.

think you missed a bit though