Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: STARFISH banned

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    I didn't originally look at the demo because I knew there would be no reason to.
    Upon reviewing the demo, I want my 6minutes and 27 seconds back.
    There is nothing suspicious, hell I hear things through those fences she doesn't even react to.

She lags but again there is no rule against it. she doesn't gain an unfair advantage from the lag, a lot of times it hinders her playing.
    Here's a couple of Whoopee pies for your time :P

I did write in the above post...

I'm pretty sure that this will not be a very long process and I was a bit hesitant but felt it needed to be done and addressed by you ( to fix the specific problem as it was also lagging the server) and our community
    Anyway, there were too many complaints form players on the server lag so I went looking for the reason(s) and found two, one was addressed with rate fix the other was Starfish. This action did not happen immediately or w/o research and time spent on my part investigating When she left it straightened out because I didn't want to restart the server unnecessarily.

Basically what I think needs to be done here is she needs to have her/his computer/network checked/fixed so that it won't lag the server and have this happen again. There are MANY things that can be done to "tune" a pc for this kind of thing as well as modifying the cfg file to reduce the stress. It doesn't take that long and when done PM me or post here that it's been taken care of and I can unban her and BF so they don't lag our server or anyone elses because it affects other players that are borderline as well.

I'll need Samhein's acct info as well.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

doesnt change the fact that u just banned me without any legit reason to do so, if u wanted me to fix something u couldve just pmed me or said something to me in game, but no, nothing
    i'd like to get unbanned as soon as possible since i still have done nothing wrong, even tho i was lagging more then usual since my bf was here who hardly ever plays on this sever anyway and prolly isnt gonna come back after this. and why would u need his account info? so u can just ban his account too? any halfway decent admin wouldnt even have to ask that.

succesful troll is succesful!!!

3. Default

Again I state you can't ban her for it Dennis. I've played with her on the server without it causing an issue. These servers run like ass in general compared to before, Yet more mods on it to bog it down etc. and you banned by them IP to get both of them

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Usually there is someone QQing over "soandso is hacking" or they call an admin etc. You were an admin there and really there is nothing in that demo that is remotely walling. Again afaik there is no "you can't lag" rule. Yeah it sucks she is lagging, but a bannable offense would be if she was rate hacking, which you never even checked at all in the demo.

I know her rates are fine as I have walked her through them personally before.

*edited for clarification
    Good! I am glad that you two are friends and that you walkd her through the rate settings, perhapss you can help her with the rest of any techie modifications, adjustments, tune ups, etc so her/their machine(s) will run much better for her/them.

I'm not here to piss either of you off. I'm just trying to look out for IBIS and all it's components that help it run smoothly.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this matter to both of you.

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    Good! I am glad that you two are friends and that you walkd her through the rate settings, perhapss you can help her with the rest of any techie modifications, adjustments, tune ups, etc so her/their machine(s) will run much better for her/them.

I'm not here to piss either of you off. I'm just trying to look out for IBIS and all it's components that help it run smoothly.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this matter to both of you.
    which is something u shouldve done, or at least talked to me about BEFORE BANNING ME, besides my pc is just fine, and i cant help it if isp's in belgium are still pretty crappy.
    just get me unbanned already

succesful troll is succesful!!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    doesnt change the fact that u just banned me without any legit reason to do so, if u wanted me to fix something u couldve just pmed me or said something to me in game, but no, nothing
    i'd like to get unbanned as soon as possible since i still have done nothing wrong, even tho i was lagging more then usual since my bf was here who hardly ever plays on this sever anyway and prolly isnt gonna come back after this. and why would u need his account info? so u can just ban his account too? any halfway decent admin wouldnt even have to ask that.
    Actually I already have it so I can unban him w/o any info from you so that if he in fact does return he'll be able to come into the server.

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default Starfish

Starfish & Samhein

After reviewing your rates and the way that you lag, skip, stutter, etc. I can begin to see a few things that may assist you in your game play experience.

1- The rate settings that you both have,
    Name Steam ID UserID rate cmd update interp
    Starfish :3 STEAM_0:1:16342134 652 30000 30 20 0.03
    Samhein STEAM_0:0:853051 631 35000 30 20 0.03

apparently are set a bit wrong, IMO. If you were to BOTH set your rates to 20000 and leave the rest alone, I do believe that would help you. My guess is that you don’t have high end single or dual graphics cards so the 20000 will help in that regard.

You also may want to do a DXDIAG from the run command from start menu and see where you stand on your driver dates and versions then check to see if there are newer ones available for your sound card, graphics card, and CPU. Also check the bios dates and versions for your motherboard to see if they are the most recent.

From your start menu and run command bring up the msconfig controller and use a selective startup an the go to the startup tab and uncheck everything except your antivirus ensuring that you have no background programs running. You can still access these programs when needed manually.

Run your disc cleanup from accessories>system tools and delete all unneeded files of junk, then do a defrag on your OS HD, usually (C.

Startup your Steam program and verify your integrity of cache files then do a file defrag.

Look in the cfg file –typically --- C:\Program Files (x86)\STEAM\steamapps\bjsorchid\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg --- and add the line:
    fps_max "300" // Caps framerate. Set to max monitor refresh rate + 1.
    Also set the decals to a low number so that sprays won’t bog you down from the steam UI. (10-15)

These are but a few of the things that you can do to help you run better without spending any money for upgrades to offset the poor IP.

Depending on which OS you are running you may find some useful tools to help you network at http://www.speedguide.net/ , there should be some info there also on how to custom configure your connection properties. Hope this helps.

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

8. Default

@DeadEyeDeNNi$ The most I've banned people for lagging was about 5 mins, if I ever did. Usually I would kick them. I've been an admin too long to remember. If it disrupts gameplay for everyone, AND you've warned them, you have a legitimate reason to do so.

@Starfish If MSN lags you, you shouldn't be on MSN while playing Counter-Strike. Seems simple enough to me.

9. Default

So is starfish unbanned?

For what I reiterate AGAIN is something that never should have happened to begin with.

She is not hacking.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers