Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: STARFISH banned

1. Default STARFISH banned

Banned Starfish for 2 days

reason - she was skipping badly and possible walling

Please view attached demo and see what else u can find and leave opinion

Sorry for the zipfile but the regular .dem file wouldn't upload.
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 03-13-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

ok when u banned i first had no idea why....
    i was lagging yes, but only cuz me and my bf were online at the same time (Samhein) who u also banned >.> i didnt see u say anything to me or sam, i dont even get why i should be banned right away for that

succesful troll is succesful!!!

3. Default

Dennis, That is not an acceptable ban.

She doesn't wall, hell Starfish has been playing these severs LONGER THEN YOU.

2days is very excessive anyways.

I won't dispute that she lags, I've seen it. AFAIK that's not a bannable offense, her rates aren't contorted to cause it, it just happens.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Dennis, That is not an acceptable ban.

She doesn't wall, hell Starfish has been playing these severs LONGER THEN YOU.

2days is very excessive anyways.

I won't dispute that she lags, I've seen it. AFAIK that's not a bannable offense, her rates aren't contorted to cause it, it just happens.
    I know how long she's been playing and she was spiking and shaking WAY more than usual, that's why I gave her a reason to come here in text b4 I banned and as far as her BF I have no idea how that happened. I also have the rates included in the demo and they seemed to be in order.

I put this up for other admins and clanmembers to view not just to comment before hand.

After I see a few more responses from ppl that actually look at the demo and Stars possible fix for the problem, then I'll either unban her (and BF with info posted so I can do so) or I'll let Zero perma ban the account.
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 03-13-2010 at 06:16 PM.

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    ok when u banned i first had no idea why....
    i was lagging yes, but only cuz me and my bf were online at the same time (Samhein) who u also banned >.> i didnt see u say anything to me or sam, i dont even get why i should be banned right away for that
    Look at the demo and you'll see the text I typed telling you what was about to happen and to go to IBISgaming.com to comment on this.

I'm pretty sure that this will not be a very long process and I was a bit hesitant but felt it needed to be done and addressed by you ( to fix the specific problem as it was also lagging the server) and our community

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

i was lagging cuz my bf and i were on the same connection and ip and i had msn on... since u banned the ip he got chucked off too. i've also never used wallhacks or any other hacks before, it's called using ur sound...

7. Default

oh and btw just watched the demo, the only thing i see u say there is to go to the forums to see reason why and then BAM banned
    no warning
    no reasons
    nothing

also i have no idea where i would be eledgedly hacking, unlike lots of others i just use sound and radar

8. Default

I didn't originally look at the demo because I knew there would be no reason to.
    Upon reviewing the demo, I want my 6minutes and 27 seconds back.
    There is nothing suspicious, hell I hear things through those fences she doesn't even react to.

She lags but again there is no rule against it. she doesn't gain an unfair advantage from the lag, a lot of times it hinders her playing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    oh and btw just watched the demo, the only thing i see u say there is to go to the forums to see reason why and then BAM banned
    no warning
    no reasons
    nothing

also i have no idea where i would be eledgedly hacking, unlike lots of others i just use sound and radar
    My dear Starfish,

When one gets banned you won't find any reason, warning, or explanation of any kind because if the admin does that then WHAM, the person logs off and is not banable by an admin. I did more than anyone else does because I didn't expect a major crisis in you that's why I made the statement.

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

10. Default

Usually there is someone QQing over "soandso is hacking" or they call an admin etc. You were an admin there and really there is nothing in that demo that is remotely walling. Again afaik there is no "you can't lag" rule. Yeah it sucks she is lagging, but a bannable offense would be if she was rate hacking, which you never even checked at all in the demo.

I know her rates are fine as I have walked her through them personally before.

*edited for clarification
    Last edited by Envy; 03-13-2010 at 06:52 PM.