Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Delicious Steak Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default The Delicious Steak Thread

This is a thread for delicious steaks. If you're eating steak or have pictures of delicious steaks take pix and post them here.

I'm marinating three porterhouse steaks in what essentially boils down to hot sauce and beer.

I will post updates (and pictures) shortly.

In the meantime -

Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

2. Default

meh, personally, i'd ditch the hotsauce and beer, in favor of a very sweet, thin bbq sauce and some whisky. that shit's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Oh I hate you. I was going downstairs to get an Angus steak burger but now I am craving just plain old sizzling juicy steak. DAMNIT

4. Default

This thread is now about delicious baked goods!

NOM NOM NOM!

5. Default

i cooked this steak the other day
    saute peppers and onions and seasoned with some fajita mix and squeezed lemon

Oh and Envy my Oatmeal scotchies i made during Xmas

Oh and my Breakfast Casserole
    Last edited by mag36; 03-14-2010 at 05:24 PM.

6. Default

MMm delicious blue berry muffins. So good. I can't get enough.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    This is a thread for delicious steaks. If you're eating steak or have pictures of delicious steaks take pix and post them here.

I'm marinating three porterhouse steaks in what essentially boils down to hot sauce and beer.
    hey bears, what are your favorite ways to marinate steaks?

i thought about grilling some steaks this weekend but itll have to wait till later this week. until then, if you have some good marinade tips, that would be awesome. i wanna try and break away from the old grocery store montreal steak shake on crap and try something different.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post

i thought about grilling some steaks this weekend but itll have to wait till later this week. until then, if you have some good marinade tips, that would be awesome. i wanna try and break away from the old grocery store montreal steak shake on crap and try something different.
    this sounds delicious.
    clicky the linky

as does this, if you're in the mood for fish :
    second clicky thingy
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post

I like to do a couple different things. My standard deal is a basic rub with salt, cracked black pepper, oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, and crushed rosemary. I also coat the steak occasionally (every other turn) with a wee bit of sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, to keep it moist and to give it a bit more flavor. I also do my own marinate if I don't want to use sweet baby rays. It's essentially beer, onion, parsley, dijon-mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika.

What I did tonight was a much spicier version of the marinate. This is what I used:

1 half of a chopped white onion
    6 oz. of Newcastle Brown Ale
    6 oz. of Chili Sauce
    1/4 cup of parsley
    3 tbsp. of dijon mustard
    1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup of paprika
    2 minced orange habanero peppers

This is enough marinate to cover the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish which has enough room for two 1-pound, 1-inch thick T-bone steaks (or porterhouse steaks). Put the steaks in the dish and cover the thing. Put the dish in the refrigerator for about 6 hours, turning the steaks every hour or so.

After they're done marinating throw them on the grill and cook them until they're how you like them. They will be pretty hot depending on how careful you are with the habanero.

Grilling will take a lot of the heat out, and make sure that you are REALLY careful mincing the habaneros. They are extraordinarily dangerous for being so small. I use rubber gloves and goggles with them. Don't use wooden cutting boards or anything of the sort, either. The oil will get into the wood and will REALLY make things unpleasant if you use that board again. Also, spray down anything you used to cut the peppers with with cooking spray or some kind of oil. The oil from a habanero will disperse with water, so you use cooking oil then wipe the utensils down with a paper towel or something THEN wash them. Habanero oil has a tendency of going into the air when it comes in contact with water. That makes things REALLY unpleasant for your eyes and skin.

When in doubt, use a rub. Marinates are nice but definitely not required for tasty tasty steaks. Nothing will make up for a dry steak.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 03-14-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post

1 half of a chopped white onion
    6 oz. of Newcastle Brown Ale
    6 oz. of Chili Sauce
    1/4 cup of parsley
    3 tbsp. of dijon mustard
    1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup of paprika
    2 minced orange habanero peppers
    that sounds epic, I'm gonna try it.