Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6 Core CPU

1. Default 6 Core CPU

Sure, I'll take 6 or 7 as they are only $1100.00 EACH

WTF

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...8-_-components

Even the people that did ratings and repair/build boxes say it's not worth it...
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

I think we all knew it wasnt worth it when they announced it
    The i7 980x does look like a fun toy though. of course unless you actually use progams that use multiple threads (I for the most part dont) all the i7s are worthless to you.

I want a version of the 980x on the i5 line just for fun

This thing is probably only ever worth the money if you make really, really, really amazing 3d films, and for some reason your making them 1600p

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

I'd sooner spend it on a sig 210, colt python or a walther p88.

4. Default

Yea it is worth it fuck I wish I could get a trade in if not just for the better oc ability. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpu...ition-review/1

Zero will you be revising the SBII with this?
    Last edited by XxMastagunzxX; 03-18-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

All BS. My quad Phenom X4 955 in OC doesn't bench much less than this overpriced pos
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    All BS. My quad Phenom X4 955 in OC doesn't bench much less than this overpriced pos
    Ditto

8. Default

well in a few years when the sbII is getting slow I plan to just update the cpu with the latest socket 1366 even if it is a xeon as my board supports them. There is no reason to spend that much now when it runs fine but one of the benefits of an early investment is that I can still upgrade years later and get a very fast updated computer without the cost of building an entire new one.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    Comparing your overclock to a stock chip isn't very genuine. If this chip were more like the old XP 3200+'s, which were notorious for limited OC'ing, you'd have a point, but given that all the reviews have pushed this thing quite a bit, you really don't. If you were to push the 980X in the same fashion you pushed your X4 955, it would proceed to stomp all over the 955.

10. Default

Yea like my 920 can almost equal my 970 when the 920 is oced but I do not run the 970 stock and can hit up to 4.5 using a multiplier oc only and at that it is already in another league.