Thread: Help fix my css

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Help fix my css

Ok i am sick of my CSS not working finally. I really want to play and have been unable to stop it from crashing randomly when i try to join a server. So here is what happens:

1. Load game
    2. Begin joining server
    3. Get past the final loading stage
    4. Game crashes once i am about to enter the server
    5. Error messages pop up

I took screen shots of the messages that pop up.

To try and solve this problem i have completely uninstalled steam and every file there is and when i installed it all again it continued to do this. HELP please.
    Attached Images
    -MBP

2. Default

ummm, i googled the first error messege there, and when i was half way through, "internal driver error in idirect3ddevice9 present css" popped up. i went to the first link, and got to here

now, apparently, later catalyst drivers are borked. try reverting to catalyst 4.12

also, it could be a problem w/ your virus software. it could be blocking the game from accessing the needed lines of code from the directX files. you can try running the game in direct X 8 instead. to do this, go to steam, right click on the game, go to launch options, and type in "-dxlevel80" without the quotes. it might not look quite as nice, but it'll play (hopefully)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Tried changing it to DX8 and it still crashed. How do i change it back to whatever DX i was running? And idk how to revert to catalyst 4.12.

Edit: Running defrag.
    -MBP

4. Default

Save your STEAMAPPS file, rename your STEAM file to "steam_old" reinstall steam. Copy and paste your old STEAMAPPS and maps etc to the newly DL'd steam folder in the appropriate place so that u will keep ur old data + config.

GDLK
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

I honestly don't know how to help you...sorry
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

Oh yeah and update all your drivers.

IE: Sound card, video card, etc. U may want to run a "dxdiag" from your run line to see if there are any conflicts.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>