Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help fix my css

1. Default Help fix my css

Ok i am sick of my CSS not working finally. I really want to play and have been unable to stop it from crashing randomly when i try to join a server. So here is what happens:

1. Load game
    2. Begin joining server
    3. Get past the final loading stage
    4. Game crashes once i am about to enter the server
    5. Error messages pop up

I took screen shots of the messages that pop up.

To try and solve this problem i have completely uninstalled steam and every file there is and when i installed it all again it continued to do this. HELP please.
    Attached Images
    -MBP

2. Default

ummm, i googled the first error messege there, and when i was half way through, "internal driver error in idirect3ddevice9 present css" popped up. i went to the first link, and got to here

now, apparently, later catalyst drivers are borked. try reverting to catalyst 4.12

also, it could be a problem w/ your virus software. it could be blocking the game from accessing the needed lines of code from the directX files. you can try running the game in direct X 8 instead. to do this, go to steam, right click on the game, go to launch options, and type in "-dxlevel80" without the quotes. it might not look quite as nice, but it'll play (hopefully)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Tried changing it to DX8 and it still crashed. How do i change it back to whatever DX i was running? And idk how to revert to catalyst 4.12.

Edit: Running defrag.
    -MBP

4. Default

Save your STEAMAPPS file, rename your STEAM file to "steam_old" reinstall steam. Copy and paste your old STEAMAPPS and maps etc to the newly DL'd steam folder in the appropriate place so that u will keep ur old data + config.

GDLK
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

I honestly don't know how to help you...sorry
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

Oh yeah and update all your drivers.

IE: Sound card, video card, etc. U may want to run a "dxdiag" from your run line to see if there are any conflicts.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default

I dont know how to do these things without a step by step guide...
    -MBP

8. Default

can you post your dump files they should be in your cstrike folder. I can debug them and say what the exact cause was. But those pics make it clear that it is your gpu drivers. You need to make sure that you completely remove them and install new ones.
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-20-2010 at 10:37 PM.

I don't think he knows how to do that zero.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

10. Default

well fuck if I know, this is why I do not buy ati cards b/c this sort of shit manages to happen all the time. (not to say that it can not happen on nvidia but in the cards I have owned over 10 years I have had way more problems with the ati drivers than I ever did with nvidia)

Here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...load-1655.html