Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ZMOD screwed up yet again

we can take out the LOTR maps too. since they just plain suck.

2. Default

you do realize that when you lag to any fps on your computer it is caused by your computer and nothing else...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    you do realize that when you lag to any fps on your computer it is caused by your computer and nothing else...
    I've yet to see anyone get any decent framerates on rooftop runaway extended. Edit: it occurs when the helicopter starts up.

I get about 9-12 FPS on an 8800GT with an E6600 (3.2Ghz).

4. Default

cpu has little to do with it the only thing that matters is the gpu and the grafix settings. What do you get normally when you play, you need to be able to get a constant 300fps in normal css to get decent fps in zombiemod.

everywhere i average 120fps. zmod i average 90-100 but when that damn copter starts up i get like 5. every one lags there. its definitely not my computer.

6. Default

for the record, i can't even play zm_lokihorrorhood

whenever i try to, i get an error in css telling me that i don't have the map file...but it should be automatically downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    cpu has little to do with it the only thing that matters is the gpu and the grafix settings. What do you get normally when you play, you need to be able to get a constant 300fps in normal css to get decent fps in zombiemod.
    Trust me, I even dropped my res to 800x600 with no change to the framerate, so the gpu was certainly not the bottleneck. I think the helicopter's physics are glitched in some way that cause the FPS to tank.

8. Default

That could be true and would explain why it does not effect me.

9. Default

I've yet to see anyone get any decent framerates on rooftop runaway extended. Edit: it occurs when the helicopter starts up.
    60+ fps on the helicopter part; I'm using a geforce 250 gt.

And cpu does make a difference with half-life 2 and its mods.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DrTran View Post
    60+ fps on the helicopter part; I'm using a geforce 250 gt.

And cpu does make a difference with half-life 2 and its mods.
    GTS 250? It's basically a rebadged 9800GTX+ and on par with a 4850 (8800GT isn't very far behind that). It certainly isn't 50 frames faster than an 8800GT. It does have 1GB of texture memory, though I doubt that's the issue. Zero, what card do you have?

Tran: What resolution are you running and what CPU and speed?