Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: GG Updates 1.4.4

1. Default

Homies gotta

I think the problem is that the people who can only squeeze in a couple hours of CS a week want to play on the safe, popular maps, while those who play almost everyday are rather bored of those maps. 90% of the times I connect to the server, it's either sex fix, tex city, deagle, spacetower, blue arena or churches, but it's almost always a populated server. Personally, I'm sick of those maps and want to play on different ones but a lot of people don't like trying new things. That's why when a new or less-known map comes up, some people leave rather than actually trying to give the map a chance (eg. saying "What the fuck is this shit" just after spawning and typing rtv).

People gotta start giving maps a chance. The first time I played sex fix was last year, after coming back to CS after a 6-7 year hiatus. If I had never given it a chance, then I would've been missing out. So, in order to find more maps that are considered "safe," you need to go through new or less-known maps and pick out the ones that are enjoyable. There are many maps on the server that aren't played on regularly but are good (like fy_playhard). When new maps are added, there are bound to be a few maps that aren't enjoyable due to it looking sexy on gamebanana or to it being enjoyable on other servers because of the different mods. If there's a map that sucks, request for it to be removed, as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Whitey- View Post

and thighs might, just might go your way.
    Hot

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D-town View Post
    Funny, I voice a legit concern, and the only admin of all of you who gave anything other than a defensive replay was Zero, and look what he got back.
    Dude you started this by saying the server was shit. If I stopped by your house and told you it looked like a fucking retarded monkey lived there would you come back with warm muffins from the oven? I can tell after reading that one message that you are a disrespectful shit, and therefore I will treat you the same. Had you said "I'm not sure how the new maps are playing out.....This is my suggestion....Thanks.... You may have gotten a better response.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

3. Default

People will voice their opinions or concerns differently when frustrated than they would when not. D-town expressed concern for the health of the server, one he considered part of the few good servers on CS:S. He actually came to the forums to say something, knowing full well that clan and zero would see it. That is appreciated as opposed to complaints in game. There is no need to attack him for his tone, everyone here should be capable of seeing through that to the real issue -- he thinks the new maps suck. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. Venting frustration does not always equate to disrespect, especially coming from someone with a good amount of time invested in the server.

4. Default

That time he wasted his life on in this game should've been better utilized. Perhaps in anger management classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    People will voice their opinions or concerns differently when frustrated than they would when not. D-town expressed concern for the health of the server, one he considered part of the few good servers on CS:S. He actually came to the forums to say something, knowing full well that clan and zero would see it. That is appreciated as opposed to complaints in game. There is no need to attack him for his tone, everyone here should be capable of seeing through that to the real issue -- he thinks the new maps suck. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. Venting frustration does not always equate to disrespect, especially coming from someone with a good amount of time invested in the server.
    Thank you. I get set off by what Money said about people still wanting to play the old maps. I have (as well have many other people on the server) told Money a ton of times in game that we're tired of him changing the map to a shit map EVERY time one of the old maps get voted in, most of the time by a 80+% margin. Different does not equal good, but he sees it that way. "Maps like gg_punishment and playground_x are fucking server cancer, but they're different, so they're better than funtimes or deagle!" No. If you look at the new maps section of updates, it's nothing but posts from him. To say that he doesn't have more say about this because he's an admin is ridiculous. He admonishes every person who complains when he changes the map as well, saying shit like "we play this all the time" when people (NOT just me) complain about why we aren't playing the map that won the vote. If the server didn't want to play it, it wouldn't have won. Even Whitey said that I was right about these shit maps that are flooding the server being a bad thing for the server staying full, even if he said it in a manner that made it seem like he wasn't agreeing with me, because he can't do that.

If I went and said some calm-ass shit like "please, etc," nobody would listen. Look how many responses this thread has gotten since I said some loud shit that needed to be said. Oh, and that's two respectful responses now.

And goddamn right I care about winning and being good. It's fun to win. Saying you don't care about winning in any game, or sport, or even Trivial Mcfucking Pursuit is a goddamn fucking lie, no matter who you are.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D-town View Post
    Even Whitey said that I was right about these shit maps that are flooding the server being a bad thing for the server staying full, even if he said it in a manner that made it seem like he wasn't agreeing with me, because he can't do that.
    That's because I was agreeing with you. I just added a few more variable arguments to it. For example; maps that kill the server, maps that no one likes. I suggested gg_punishment because it is a good throwback, and is quite fun. Not really too much area on it to camp. I did not expect it to be bumped to the top of the nomination menu. Nomination menus should be in alphabetical order anyway to aide in playing maps that are less played. No one really wants to dig through over 30 pages of maps to finally find something like gg_zobstacles.

I suggested sl_bend because that is a map every server should have. It's classic. I don't know a single person that dislikes that map. I didn't like it at first because it was slightly enclosed and the opposing team always kills you spot on as soon as you make a move, but once you learn where you can REALLY go, it's great.

I suggested gg_minesweeper because it's another classic. A lot of people like it; not all. It's mediocre to me - I can't win on minesweeper, but I don't care. People wanted the map on the server and so do I, so it's on there now through all the gripes it got.

I suggested gg_minecraft2 because it's another great map that every server should have. We may not be -specific clan- but -specific clan- has a full server whenever this map is played and the old version of churches (with no entities). But with the player base we have and how they play, that map will do us no good (churches). trs churches is fine.

After the Simpsons maps are pulled off of the server, maplist.txt needs to be made alphabetical. It's not difficult, either. There are generators out there that do it with the click of a button. I hate to see IBIS suffer; I like it here. But without updates we are nothing, whether a good approach or bad, updates are necessary to keep a stable, welcomed* community.

*may or may not include swagbot

7. Default

• Removed All simpsons maps excelt for the following 10
      • gg_simpsons_h1
      • gg_simpsons_street
      • gg_simpsons_desert
      • gg_simpsons_arena_iii
      • gg_simpsons_dust
      • gg_simpsons_house_v2
      • gg_simpsons_poolparty
      • gg_simpsons_scoutzknivez
      • gg_simpsons_shotty
      • gg_simpsons_shotty_2

• Removed some broken maps
    • Added new maps:
      • fy_minecraftfield
      • gg_bricks_arena
      • gg_conert_2
      • gg_deagle_glacier
      • gg_e_celtek_v1
      • gg_industry_war
      • gg_losted
      • gg_motion_v1
      • gg_octarush2
      • gg_vortex
      • gg_warehouse9_beta2
      • aim_lego_deagle

8. Default

• Added New Maps:
      • gg_fast
      • gg_killhouse_b1
      • gg_metal_legoarena
      • gg_octagon_b3
      • gg_random_office_b2
      • gg_s_bend_ext_d_v2
      • gg_supertall
      • awp_lego_niow
      • fy_poolbigparty
      • gg_closer_dev_v2
      • aim_ag_texture_city_summer_v1

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post

• Added New Maps:
      • fy_poolbigparty
    I'm so happy that this map got added. I was waiting for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

could you remove aim_lego_deagle the map is broken and only shows a lot of purple textures