Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Updates 1.2.8

1. Default

my opinion on the whole flying and running thing is when there flying they hit obstacles easier so they actually get stuck so you can shoot them much easier because flying is harder to control

last night when i was running with santa i had over 300 hp from leech and people would freeze me and still not be able to kill me and i could just run away right after being unfrozen and this was from night elves who freeze for a long time

you brought up earlier that u changed it to allow it because it was so easy to have it happen but its also easier to stop yourself from doing it

most people never flew by ladders before and if u do hit a ladder all u have to do is hit your ulti and your back to normal

where as now at the beginning of the round everyone runs right to the ladders and than they run to fast for most new people to even hit

2. Default

At the end of the week I will decide if it is too unbalanced and make a final ruling. I do not want to be switching the rules back and forth too quickly.

3. Default

Updated to 1.0.6 to fix the flashing white issue that users with low quality LCD monitors had.

4. Default

thank you zero thats all i was going for and to be honest it wasnt a hard thing to enforce but as long as its under consideration i will go along with what is decided

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tj26 View Post
    thank you zero thats all i was going for and to be honest it wasnt a hard thing to enforce but as long as its under consideration i will go along with what is decided
    as will i

i too find that too many people doing it is annoying but im a rule junky so i stand for any and all rules in place

6. Default

I have realized that if I do:
    es_setplayerprop <userid> CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 4

I can force a user to have bad accuracy even when on the ground as if they were on a ladder or flying. This would still allow them to run around fast but would not make them any more accurate than if they were just flying really good.

// frozen! fully, no turning or attacking
    es_setplayerprop 4 CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 32.0
    // ducking, wears off if they duck/unduck
    es_setplayerprop 4 CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 2
    // WILD aiming, probably climbing/falling flag
    es_setplayerprop 4 CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 0
    // normal
    es_setplayerprop 4 CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 1

Thread to look over for cool ability ideas: http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewt...hp?f=12&t=4613
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-29-2010 at 03:32 PM.

7. Default

ya... the santa issue should be fixed.. the race was not designed 2 be played the way it is now being used (over used to no end might I add) ... we got the entire server now just zipping around at non stop die xonvert speed and with the other buffs santa has as well it's just un-balanced imo if we allow this 2 continue.

no race should be able to constantly move that fast, and still then get like 9 grenades, life leach, fly, and any weapon they want 2 purchase.... that's a bit over the top imo.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

The changes are altered by the user going on the ladder. I can not fix it unless I can get a way to detect if they are on a ladder....

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The changes are altered by the user going on the ladder. I can not fix it unless I can get a way to detect if they are on a ladder....
    we could do what we've been doing the entire time and just have admins keep people from doing it, treat it as a race glitch/exploit if there's nothing you can do to fix it on your end.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Fixed it with mad skillz! I will make these races bow down before my hax!!!!

//flying
    repeat create aim "es_setplayerprop server_var(wcs_userid) CBasePlayer.m_fFlags 0"
    repeat start aim 5

//not flying
    repeat stop aim
    repeat delete aim

I should also be able to use this to fix some other glitches like the death when flying bug.