Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Updates v1.1.1

1. Arrow Universal Updates v1.1.1

As the servers have gown over the years many of the mods and plugins have been unified across all of our servers. Updating all of the servers update log with the same information is confusing and makes it harder for users to track major changes. This thread will track changes that effect ALL of the servers. There are many plugins that exist across all the servers, when ever any of these plugins are changed or if a new one is added it will be noted in this thread. The most common changes will be plugins involved with the admin system as those are the same across all servers. Any changes in command structure will also be noted in this thread for convince.

• Added rconbridge
        • I made this so admins can run the following in place of rcon commands
          • rcon_gravity
          • rcon_alltalk
          • rcon_noblock
          • rcon_parachute

• Updated rconbridge with 2 new commands
        • rcon_reload
        • rcon_restart

• Updated SM and MM to latest versions
      • Added afk manager back
      • Updated map vote plugin
      • Updated rconbridge to clamp values to ensure that no setting can become out of bounds and cause a server crash.
      • Updated rconbridge to state the name and steam id if the user who activated a command in chat when the new setting is declared
      • Updated sourcemod to always display the name of the admin using a given admin command or chat ect.
      • Changed sm log format from military to 12 hour am pm settings for easier time reading log files
      • Updated the freeze command to the maximum allowed length of 2min, hey I did not program it so do not look at me.
      • Updated automated server clean up so that demos expire after 5 days and so that admin logs are never cleaned even if they have not been updated in over a month.
      • Removed the gui option in the killer info display it will show data in chat only
      • Fixed messages from botsoverseer plugin in that said messages will no longer occur.

• Fixed color of ads to display properly

• Updated SRCDS

• Rate Optimizations: By increasing the minimum forced rate to be about 25% higher than before along with some other changes hit registration on all servers is increased in addition the length of choppy game play and or tick drops is decreased. Tests on the zombie server saw a 75% reduction in the size of server side lag and a 99% reduction in the length of said lag when it occurred.

• Fixed logs so that HS and other weapon and player actions would be tracked as they were before under mani
      • Enabled some new tracking for things like domination however there is currently nothing setup on psychostats to use it
      • Removed all outdated mani load lines and files (server clean up, also prevents console errors on map load)

• Updated SM configs to prevent maps not listed in mapcycle.txt from being selected.

• Added game descriptions for the mods that support it
      • Disabled file indexing (reduced server load 15%, speed up map changes)
      • Disabled phantom servers (still investigating this one, apparently every server had 2 instances running where the 2nd instance would be on a different port) this reduced memory usage 50% and cpu usage 10%

• Enabled sm_vote they syntax is: <question> [answer1] [answer2] [answer3] ...

• Removed access to sm_rename
      • New plugin blocks SourceTV from being able to kicked

• SM & MM updated on all servers
    Last edited by ZERO; 10-02-2014 at 12:51 AM.

2. Default

Thank you!

rcon_noblock
    rcon_parachute

Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

3. Default

If there are any other commands you all need be sure to let me know.

4. Default

Last time I tried doing SM_Vote <question> [answer1] [answer2] I couldn't get it to work, is this currently bugged?

5. Default

no idea I have never used it...

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

• Updated rconbridge with 2 new commands
      • rcon_reload
      • rcon_restart

6. Default

• Updated SM and MM to latest versions
    • Added afk manager back
    • Updated map vote plugin
    • Updated rconbridge to clamp values to ensure that no setting can become out of bounds and cause a server crash.
    • Updated rconbridge to state the name and steam id if the user who activated a command in chat when the new setting is declared
    • Updated sourcemod to always display the name of the admin using a given admin command or chat ect.
    • Changed sm log format from military to 12 hour am pm settings for easier time reading log files
    • Updated the freeze command to the maximum allowed length of 2min, hey I did not program it so do not look at me.
    • Updated automated server clean up so that demos expire after 5 days and so that admin logs are never cleaned even if they have not been updated in over a month.
    • Removed the gui option in the killer info display it will show data in chat only
    • Fixed messages from botsoverseer plugin in that said messages will no longer occur.

7. Default

oh yeah, also the little announcement things (like, the adverts for the other servers) show up as "{Green}Come play ibis zm..."

the color thing was via mani i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

• Fixed color of ads to display properly

9. Default

• Updated SRCDS

10. Default

We also need a rcon bridge for votes. Like when we ask the users in the server a question, it should be custom.

rcon_vote "Custom question goes here" Answer1 Answer2 Answer3 And so forth. Would be nice.