Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700

1. Default Blackberry Bold 9700

This is a question for anybody who has one or is familiar with the Blackberry Bold 9700.

I'm having a problem where I can't use the browser without WiFi enabled. I've tried every possible thing I could think of and googled for hours but to no avail. It's getting frustrating that I can only browse the internet with WiFi yet I'm paying $50 a month for the my plan (and yes, it includes a data plan). I can't even connect to my Windows Live Messenger or put on my email account.

This will probably be helpful to know as well. I bought the phone from puremobile.ca as an unlocked AT&T phone, but I am running it on the Telus network with their sim card (Canadian company for those who are unfamiliar). Everything works fine except for what I stated above. Should I contact my service provider first? I'd really prefer not to because I don't have time anymore. I am always working or at school now so I figured I'd take it to you guys to see if anybody had any idea what my problem is first.

2. Default

I know that in older pda phones there was an option to disable the data service except for wifi to prevent it from owning your phone bill if you did not have data service. Your phone may have a similar option somewhere in its settings.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I know that in older pda phones there was an option to disable the data service except for wifi to prevent it from owning your phone bill if you did not have data service. Your phone may have a similar option somewhere in its settings.
    I've honestly looked over every possible setting that even remotely relates to the Network or WiFi settings, but there is nothing that will make it work as far as I know. It's been an exhausting 4 hours of playing around with it. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow because I need to sleep!

4. Default

I jumped on my BB and did some sort of diagnostic and here are the results if it helps anybody

Diagnostic Started: March 27, 2010 01:00 AM
    Diagnostic Completed: March 27, 2010 01:00 AM
    MSISDN: 1 51* *** ****
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9700
    Application Version: v5.0.0.405
    Platform Version: 5.1.0.112
    Service Books: BBIM,OTASL,BBIM,BBIMConfig,BBIMConfig,BBIMConfig,L bsConfig,BISClientConfig,PROVISIONING,WPTCP,Browse rConfig,BBIM,KEYNEGO
    Free File Space: 129599024 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: No
    Signal Level: Unknown
    Radio Access: Unknown
    Network: Unknown
    IP Address: Unknown
    ICMP Ping Echo: Abort
    BlackBerry Registration: Abort
    Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort