Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mat_dxlevel

1. Default same

i'm having the same problem... i made the "autoexec.cfg" folder, opened it with notepad, and put in mat_dxlevel 80 but it didnt do anything

my console still reads my mat_dxlevel as 70.

EDIT: I am a complete fucktard, i put in "dx_matlevel 80" instead of "mat_dxlevel 80"..... problem fixed, for me atleast.

only thing i can say that may be wrong is that when you save the "autoexec.cfg" file make sure it's NOT "autoexec.cfg.txt" cuz that is what mine tried to do the first time
    Last edited by j!mmy_pop[KMFDM]; 03-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.

2. Default

Cant you just go right click the game in steam, properties and then Launch options, I had to do this on my old laptop as the intel GMA may claim it is DX9 but it still has problems, so I set it to 8.1

When you are in there simply put -dxlevel 80 and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Cant you just go right click the game in steam, properties and then Launch options, I had to do this on my old laptop as the intel GMA may claim it is DX9 but it still has problems, so I set it to 8.1

When you are in there simply put -dxlevel 80 and it should work.
    this. i completely forgot about command line launches
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

Are you sure you did not set anything in your drivers that is forcing dx7? Also when did you last update your drivers b/c dx7 is really old.

5. Default

heh this is an old junker one of my uncles was going to trash, so I took it. I know almost nothing about whats in it. I have noticed several times on ZM that a feature is disabled because it detected DX 8 and not DX 9 like it requires.

This will prolly evolve into a whole different issue this week so I'm going to sit on it for now. Another uncle is going to put some stuff in this PC for me, so I'll wait till then. For now setting my mt_dxlevel 80 isn't that frustrating its just when I forget to do it lol

also I did what Starmine suggested and it ended with the same result.
    Last edited by KaMiKaZi_NiNjA; 03-30-2010 at 06:54 PM.