Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mat_dxlevel

1. Default Mat_dxlevel

so yeah my game has been resetting its dxlevel every time I reboot CSS and I'm not sure why it would do this. Its resulted in me getting auto kicked a lot from all the ibis servers. I immediately set it to 80 after but it keeps changing back any ideas?

2. Default

add the line to your autoexec.cfg file
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Probably b/c you have the file set to read only also 80 in the min setting it really needs to be 90 ie set for direct x 9. Using anyting below direct x8 is actually a hack and if you did that in cal for example you would be banned for life.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Probably b/c you have the file set to read only also 80 in the min setting it really needs to be 90 ie set for direct x 9. Using anyting below direct x8 is actually a hack and if you did that in cal for example you would be banned for life.
    I thought 80 was because of what it does to smoke and flash gernades.

5. Default

okay, I've been looking for the file in my steam folder/css folder and I cannot see it anywhere, it isn't coming up on search either. I think I have DX 8 on this old piece of junk. on thursday that may change tho.

6. Default

ok, navigate to the following:
    ../steam/steamapps/<username>/counter-strike source/cstrike/cfg

then, rightclick, and create a new text document (notepad)

add the line "mat_dxlevel 80" w/out quotes

now save that file as (must be exact with this step) autoexec.cfg

there you go!

that's all there is to it.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

7. Default

ty ty

Okay I made the file exactly as you suggested and the same thing just happened
    Last edited by KaMiKaZi_NiNjA; 03-30-2010 at 11:54 AM.

8. Default

ok, what exactly is happening? like, you say it's changing your dx level, what does it change to?

9. Default

every time I open CSS its auto-setting my mat_dxlevel to 70

once I manually change it in console its totally fine for the rest of the session.

10. Default

hmm, ok, when you have that file i told you to make in that folder, does your console say anything about your dx level?