Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the application process?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Yeah I think only about 5% of people who apply get in.
    Thats good tho, i guess it keeps the integrity of the clan. No need to let in retards who will ruin the imagine and hurt the clan.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Thats good tho, i guess it keeps the integrity of the clan. No need to let in retards who will ruin the imagine and hurt the clan.
    Thats not the only way. The other problem is that quite a few people think that the people who buy admin are in the ibis clan, which they are technically not. Many admins seriously make me doubt why there isn't an application process for buying admin. They can make ibis look bad by causing grief in-game.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    Thats not the only way. The other problem is that quite a few people think that the people who buy admin are in the ibis clan, which they are technically not. Many admins seriously make me doubt why there isn't an application process for buying admin. They can make ibis look bad by causing grief in-game.
    I agree 100%. I think the admin tag needs to look a lot different then the clan tag imo. Because before this post, I had no idea who was really in the clan besides a few people. Maybe <ADMIN> or something, because that would stand out and not be confused with ibis clan tag. Seems as if the best way is to look at mods of the forum section lol.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    . Because before this post, I had no idea who was really in the clan besides a few people.
    It doesnt help when admins dont wear the right tag, and clan members are also admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Maybe they should have different tags like this:

Regular Admin ibis.a
    Clan Member IBIS.C
    Clan Member and admin IBIS.AC

(note: even if you get in you still have to pay for admin)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    I agree with this 100%

Really? With a community this big and this many people applying, there's only that many clan members? What's even the point? That hardly seems like enough people to even sustain a functioning group.

What exactly do clan members do anyway? The whole distinction has always been hazy to me.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Really? With a community this big and this many people applying, there's only that many clan members? What's even the point? That hardly seems like enough people to even sustain a functioning group.

What exactly do clan members do anyway? The whole distinction has always been hazy to me.
    They sit in a glass room flipping coins and counting money (all the while laughing maniacally).
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    What exactly do clan members do anyway?
    We ban admins who abuse in the event that Zero isn't on to take care of it.. We moderate the forums.. We take care of hackers.. And we've shown to be individuals that have all added things to different aspects of the clan. We're also here to stay with loyalty and dedication hopefully..

I guess you could also think of us like a council almost too.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

ren, think of it this way. the community members make everything happen. without them, there'd be no need for servers, or anything. but you do need someone to regulate those community members. thus, the admins. however, these admins need someone over them to ensure they don't go hog-wild (like dog and walter), and thus there are the clan. the clan are the admins of admins. they're in charge of the members, as well as the members. unfortunately, there really isn't a level above clan (other than zero and jig)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?