Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poor adminship

1. Default Poor adminship

I was going to post this in the admin abuse category but it seems that the ToS offers a loophole of sorts. I suppose this should be grouped under 'poor sportsmanship on an admins behalf' rather. The admin stank ass (STEAM_0:1:8354995, I don't know what his usual name is) feels it necessary to refuse map votes for nearly the entire time he's in the server, alternating between assault maps, nipperhouse and beachstorm (or w/e its called, the Normandy style one). If for no other reason, aside from the fact that it's extremely annoying, it causes players to leave the server. From the time he joined the number of players dropped from around 8 to ~3 in 15-20 minutes. If the map vote succeeds and he doesn't change it before the server does, he'll just change it anyways. It's very annoying to play these 3 (~6 if you count variations) maps constantly. There's no way that this could be good for the server's rep, and I'm sure it's not just annoying me.

2. Default

Admins can dictate the maps anytime they choose...The server not gonna play dust 2 and dust everytime...

3. Default

yeah, dual's actually right.

tos states that admins can change the maps and put up votes for maps as they please. it's not to be abused by frequent changes...but it seems like he's not. he's just changing it after the map ends.

most admins will defer to the map votes the players put up, but they're not required to
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

true admins can do that, but certain admins should learn how to not be a douche when on the servers though....just saying.

5. Default

Whilst yes he wasnt abusing admin, it sounds like he was being a real douche about it :/
    Last edited by StarsMine; 04-04-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

yeah, that is true stars. but if being a douche was against the rules, this place would be without many people...normal members as well as clanners.

as it is, what he did was legit. fucked up, but legit
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

7. Default

to many admins that pay and admins that get it free think they are GOD or something. They feel they can do whatever they want and keep the map rotation to whatever they want. as dumb as they are they should just put up with whatever map it comes out as and if people start complaining change it then but don't change it just cause you "don't feel like" playing CS_Assault or Dust2 just make the people happy cause that is why the IBIS servers remain operational because people keep coming back cause of the fairness. Also people shouldn't be assholes and give themselves cash and not the entire server cause that pisses people off then people complain they get muted then the complaints start etc etc etc. you all know the rest.

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

8. Default

People don't buy admin to help out the server anymore... They buy it just to do cool stuff. Thats why i think zero should start 'screening' (for the lack of a better word) admins.

9. Default

yeah, i intend to buy admin, once i get the funds. i have no income, and am going to a very expensive school. my folks are paying, but most of what i earn on co-op will be going to school. part of what's left will be fore admin, and while i'm at school (as in non-co-op terms) i'll have some sort of job which will support not only school but also admin.

i'd have 2 reasons to buy admin: being able to play pub w/out checking if any jackass (not naming anyone) is in there to protect myself, and more importantly helping ibis.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    yeah, i intend to buy admin, once i get the funds. i have no income, and am going to a very expensive school. my folks are paying, but most of what i earn on co-op will be going to school. part of what's left will be fore admin, and while i'm at school (as in non-co-op terms) i'll have some sort of job which will support not only school but also admin.

i'd have 2 reasons to buy admin: being able to play pub w/out checking if any jackass (not naming anyone) is in there to protect myself, and more importantly helping ibis.
    Come on 11 bucks a month is nothing, you are helping the server to stay functional and helping zero to spend time creating races and improving the servers performance
    Owned!