Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: joking with someone and tj mutes me

1. Default

cracker is racist african americans came up with it to offend white people for us saying the n word so your point is not valid and at the time there was 4 mics going off and also like i said even if kik was saying n e thing which i did not even see his mic light up i cant do n e thing about it

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tj26 View Post
    cracker is racist african americans came up with it to offend white people for us saying the n word so your point is not valid and at the time there was 4 mics going off and also like i said even if kik was saying n e thing which i did not even see his mic light up i cant do n e thing about it
    I admit african americans in the south are somewhat ignorant. They don't even realize africans enslaved africans.
    Last edited by mastercheff; 04-05-2010 at 08:46 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by callo View Post
    cracker isn't a racist term it never has been and never was.
    lol???

dude honky and cracker are racial slurs that the black man uses for white people. it is a racial slur, and always has been. cracker is more passive in terms of racism or being a racist term... but it is infact a racist term, and if TJ was offended by it... then that's really where this argument ends.

I personally wouldn't care if I heard someone saying that jokingly, but if TJ does, who am I 2 claim he can't be offended by it.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

was i really offended by it no not really but i still have 0 tolerance for racism of any kind even if it's just joking around i dont use double standards and say sometimes ok and sometimes not its never ok especially with 20 people in a server theres a high chance it will offend someone

i asked him to stop and he continued

the best part it was only a 30 minute mute after he kept saying it

5. Default

I'm with maynard on this. We had games a while ago with regulars who don't play IBIS anymore and they would make a shitton of jokes about Mexicans and it was honestly funny as hell... it was done in good humor and we were having good laughs.

If it's meant to be humorous, take it with a grain of salt. Look at how many stand-up comedians make profane jokes... and they get away with it. It's construed as comedy.

6. Default

meh this thread should just be closed. the mute is long over and this thread isn't even in the proper section.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

zero tolerance against racism? dont make me fucking laugh.

you didn't do shit about any of the people singling out the french kid or the two people who repeatedly said shit like "i smell a n***** " or called other people a "n***** "

you legitimately picked me out because you thought you could use a vague fucking rule to try and use your admin on me.

if you look in the official rules list it doesn't even fucking specify that racism is against the rules. it only says disrespect.
    last i checked having fun and being friendly with someone isn't disrespecting them.
    Code:
    +1

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by callo View Post
    zero tolerance against racism? dont make me fucking laugh.

you didn't do shit about any of the people singling out the french kid or the two people who repeatedly said shit like "i smell a n***** " or called other people a "n***** "

you legitimately picked me out because you thought you could use a vague fucking rule to try and use your admin on me.

if you look in the official rules list it doesn't even fucking specify that racism is against the rules. it only says disrespect.
    last i checked having fun and being friendly with someone isn't disrespecting them.

how about go read page 7 of ther server rules and look what other admins say racism is not tolerated

and all people were saying is that they hate playing with french people because they cant understand them when they talk its not really racism its a communication flaw

and i didnt see anyone saying n e thing about black people i do like to play not baby sit the whole time im on

and again it was a 30 minute mute not even close to a ban or anything

9. Default

tj was right. you were wrong

the end.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton