Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with graphs!

1. Default

The OLED LCD. Still being Invested in to improve it.

As for the time travel crap, isn't that something to do with particle acceleration things scientists are working on now?

2. Default

Something like that. I'm definately not qualified to explain it. TBH I originally seen it on the Discovery Channel (lol). They said something along the lines of if you can accelerate an object to a high enough velocity its actually possible to take a short-cut through time. I think its more like as you're traveling at that speed you're not actually going anywhere but in a full circle but as you're on the trip time slows down for you as everything else around you progresses as normal. This only applies to traveling FORWARD through time, as they cant find any evidence to say that going backwards in time is even possible using any means. Like I said that was just my interpretation of what I saw. If you want a more detailed/accurate description I'd say google it.

3. Default

The thing I was talking about is something they have been doing recently. Something about creating black holes with a particle accelerator. There working on making them sustainable. Some crap about that if they can generate self made black holes it can make light bend into itself in a circle and something about that deals with one of the theorys of time travel. IDK. I have no clue on how it all works.

4. Default

Ah yeah I've heard about that too. I even seen a show about what would happen if the black holes became uncrtollable, it was filmed in a "what if" type of way similar to how they did that one series about the super volcano beneath yellowstone erupting. It ended with the world collapsing on itself or something lol

5. Default

Mega Disasters.

IDK what the other show is.

6. Default

The cold fusion was a claim made involving a glass of water. It was assured that cold fusion occurred in water the rules of quantum mechanics proved that creating fusion without heat is impossible.

The most basic principle of time travel is to get a very dense object traveling really fast in a circle. It it is dense and fast enough then it can fold timespace into itself because of the gravitational field it would produce. If you could then move inside of this tube you could exit it at points that occurred at different times however it is only possible to enter or exit the tube at a time in which the loop existed. In other words you could only travel back to the first occurrence of this phonomonon.

Another technicality is that you can in theory travel faster and slower in time based on the amount of gravity present. This is why time stops near points of universal singularities. As the gravity becomes infinitely massive time slows down infinitely. When you fly in a plan time literally moves faster than when you are on the ground. The further away from a central force of gravity you are the faster time moves. So yes this does mean that by moving to Florida old people live longer b/c they are at see level and time moves slower than it does at higher altitudes. But than again we are talking about really really small numbers here so do not start looking for wrinkles every time you get off a plain.

lets keep the graphs going:

7. Default

8. Default

As for oled it has been on the market for some time:

In the works

9. Default

Nice, Good explanation. Wonder if any of it will be possible in our lifetime.... Is it not true that the first machine was turned on February of this year for testing the theory? The particle accelerater in Sweden... Im not sure if that was right....

10. Default

No, that device is supposed to see if there are more than 4 dimensions, it is also going to test our ability to produce a black hole. In addition it could locate the god particle, I should also not that there is actually a possibility that it could destroy the universe and no I am not joking. As a result of some of these (especially the god particle) it has been delayed b/c of lawsuits.