Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AM/PM and 24 hour

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshit View Post
    okay. But what is most common?
    Outside of the workplace, the 12-hour clock is definitely more common.

Such as "Meet me for lunch at 12 PM" or "Let's go to the movies at 8 PM" or "I woke up at 9:30 AM".

Inside the workplace, it depends.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Outside of the workplace, the 12-hour clock is definitely more common.

Such as "Meet me for lunch at 12 PM" or "Let's go to the movies at 8 PM" or "I woke up at 9:30 AM".

Inside the workplace, it depends.
    wow. USA is hard to understand
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

3. Default

i use military time personally. laptop's configured to it, my digital watch is (when i wear it), alarm clock, and i just naturally think in it.

solves so many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    What does "in the states" mean? The U.S. military uses the 24-hour clock. Some police departments use the 24-hour clock. My aunt in Canada works at a hospital and they use the 24-hour clock. I use 24-hour time at my security job.
    I find this post to be very offensive.

Anyways, your run-of-the-mill American will only really know the 12-hour clock and it's generally those who are in the military/paramilitary (police, etc) or are in corporate america who know the 24-hour clock.

A lot of people generally know both to make things easier. The 12-hour clock is slowly but surely getting phased out.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

North America uses am/pm to tell time since the clock only goes through 12 and starts back at 1. And it is not just the "USA" that uses the 12 hour clock system. The military, aviation, navigation, meteorology, astronomy, computing, logistics, emergency services, and hospital services use 24 hour time because they want to avoid conflict in paperwork as far as someone writing "this person had this at 4." Well really wtf does that mean? So to avoid confusion and potential lawsuits and other problems they would say 1600 and it would be obvious it happened at 4pm in the afternoon.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me