Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isohunt.com blocked for US users.

1. Default Isohunt.com blocked for US users.

I don't really know if you guys ever use torrents or not, but I do from time to time and I have been using Isohunt for years... Now it's blocked due to censorship... All you get is Isohunt Lite which is not Isohunt if you have ever used it. Thoughts?? Comments??

P.S. the site can be access through non-US proxies.

2. Default

Definitely has nothing to do with censorship. It's about copyright infringement of a ton of video games, software, movies, music etc etc. So they are minimizing their searches while the government looks into what isohunt was offering. Blame big companies and groups like the RIAA and the MPAA for being greedy as hell. BTW the USA is the only country that has such a focus with copyright infringement. Which is why they blocked out websites that offered shows and movies from youku and todou since they cannot legally shut them down.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

Except that they do not offer the actual files they are only indexing data from other sites. Google does the same thing but is just not optimized for this type of content. I suppose they should go after Google when it indexes copyrighted images in Google image search. This whole thing is so stupid. If we ever find life outside earth it will probably be not before the end of the week when the US gov tells them oh by the way you are now subject to all of our laws now that we know where you are.

4. Default

Or idiots and special interest groups who call the FCC and complain about things that offend them when all they have to do is shut the TV off.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

5. Default

lol shitty... works just fine in Canada =)

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Except that they do not offer the actual files they are only indexing data from other sites. Google does the same thing but is just not optimized for this type of content. I suppose they should go after Google when it indexes copyrighted images in Google image search. This whole thing is so stupid. If we ever find life outside earth it will probably be not before the end of the week when the US gov tells them oh by the way you are now subject to all of our laws now that we know where you are.
    Thats alot of the reason why they made the lite version, because it looks and functions alot like google. The fact that the site itself is doing nothing but the same as every other search engine out there, makes it a bunch of bullshit. They are also only targeting Isohunt atm, because they are the best. You can stlll goto thepiratesbay or w/e just fine.

" Or idiots and special interest groups who call the FCC and complain about things that offend them when all they have to do is shut the TV off." Agreed.

7. Default

I get Isohunt lite here in germany only because I use an American ip that my isp on base gives me. Not really that big of a bother for me since I use thepiratebay anyways.

Although thanks spasm, I did go to isohunt.com and found the wonderful ad for blu e-cigs. I bought them. <3

8. Default

I guess ill have to go find another site to dl the latest Ashes To Ashes episode torrent next week then.

kinda funny its actually legal to do so since it hasnt been released in the US.

9. Default

B I T S O U P . O R G

They have everything. Only thing u have to do is seed your shit !

10. Default

that's just like torrentspy.

i used torrentspy until that got fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?