Thread: Looking into buying a new PC!!

1. Default Looking into buying a new PC!!

After looking around a bit(I Know next to nothing about building a computer) and a few suggestions from my rich IT uncle, I'm thinking about getting the Cyberpower Gamer Ultra SLI Basic

I'm on a budget and this seemed like a good buy! If there's anything you think would be better, or anything you think I should buy along with it please post!! (and fyi I know it doesn't come with a monitor so don't mention that)

2. Default

thats like mine but diff case and i have a nvidia 9400 gt and 500gb hard drive and i only paid 600$

3. Default

they SLIed a laptop graphic chip and put it in a desktop... brilliant!

For $700 we can build you a much better computer

actually that is a terrible computer you have there. an Athlon x2 is week (Athlon II x2 is rather good though), crappy graphics, small HD, and im asuming its DDR2 ram from the prossesor

Alright, Built that without much effort

and thats upgradable, you can put in another 4850 later on down the line or something.
    Last edited by StarsMine; 04-12-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    they SLIed a laptop graphic chip and put it in a desktop... brilliant!

For $700 we can build you a much better computer

actually that is a terrible computer you have there. an Athlon x2 is week (Athlon II x2 is rather good though), crappy graphics, small HD, and im asuming its DDR2 ram from the prossesor

Alright, Built that without much effort

and thats upgradable, you can put in another 4850 later on down the line or something.
    I like what you did there

Just build one yourself. If you can't then you are a sad, sad man.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

Like I said, I have no experience with building computers, aside from assembly.

I know how to put it together, how to fix most errors, but I have no idea as far as compatibility and quality.

Anyway another friend on my other forum showed me this site and I found what appears to be a good build.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...g-pc,2578.html

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiKaZi_NiNjA View Post
    Like I said, I have no experience with building computers, aside from assembly.

I know how to put it together, how to fix most errors, but I have no idea as far as compatibility and quality.

Anyway another friend on my other forum showed me this site and I found what appears to be a good build.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...g-pc,2578.html
    Well you could get 2 4850s for 160$ now, however, it be better to buy one 5770, id also rather have a Phenom II x2, as other then GTA IV, I know of no app that uses 3 cores.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?