Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Computer ! :D

1. Default New Computer ! :D

So hopefully I will be able to join my IBIS brothers and sisters once again.

I'm buying a computer from a local company that I can call and have customized. I'm doing so because if anything ever happened I can take it right to them, plus they have good prices.

So here it is.

Quad Core Duo

2 Gigs of RAM

250 Gig HD

Siig PCI soundboard

GeForce 9800GTX

Windows Vista

Acer 19"

With an Anti Virus program.

All of this can be upgraded I just need to call them, I'm thinking more ram and bigger HD but everything else is fine with me. What do you guys think ?

Oh and this is all 1,400$ (Price still does not really matter and my mom is the one who brought this up so its gunna happen and it aint my money lol.)

2. Wink Yikes!!!

In my opinion you can put together a much better system for 1400 if you were to build it yourself. I had some extra time on my hands tonight so I did a little bit of research on Newegg.com and I put together a pretty sweet system for you for about 1400.00 bucks. It looks like this:

Case: Any Full size ATX case (I would go with Antec): 150.00
    MB: Asus m4a79t deluxe: 180.00
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 (quad core): 180.00
    VGA (Graphics Card): XFX Radeon HD 5770: 190.00
    Memory: Corsair 2x2: 115.00
    HD: 2 Western Digital 500 GB: 120.00
    PSU (power supply): Antec 700w: 90.00
    DVD optical drive: Lite on: 30.00
    Monitor: Acer 19": 120.00

I am pretty sure this adds up to about 1315.00 so you would have some money left over for your sound card and Wireless card too. So I suppose what I am saying is that you can definitely get a better graphics card, more memory, more HD space, in my opinion a better OS and probably a cooler case for less money!!! Not sure if this helps or not, but I just thought I would let you know what is out there!!!
    Last edited by [UA] Mos Def; 03-01-2010 at 04:51 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    In my opinion you can put together a much better system for 1400 if you were to build it yourself. I had some extra time on my hands tonight so I did a little bit of research on Newegg.com and I put together a pretty sweet system for you for about 1400.00 bucks. It looks like this:

Case: Any Full size ATX case (I would go with Antec): 150.00
    MB: Asus m4a79t deluxe: 180.00
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 (quad core): 180.00
    VGA (Graphics Card): XFX Radeon HD 5770: 190.00
    Memory: Corsair 2x2: 115.00
    HD: 2 Western Digital 500 GB: 120.00
    PSU (power supply): Antec 700w: 90.00
    DVD optical drive: Lite on: 30.00
    Monitor: Acer 19": 120.00

I am pretty sure this adds up to about 1315.00 so you would have some money left over for your sound card and Wireless card too. So I suppose what I am saying is that you can definitely get a better graphics card, more memory, more HD space, in my opinion a better OS and probably a cooler case for less money!!! Not sure if this helps or not, but I just thought I would let you know what is out there!!!
    Whoa man thanks. The only problem is that my mother (whom pretty much controls every bit of cash in the family) has her mind set on this company. I could easily call them up and tell them I want better shit. I just wanted to know if that was a good/decent setup as is. I wanted a better HD and more RAM and thats about it. Remember.. Money really is not an issue here.

4. Thumbs up No Worries

I think you got a pretty good setup going there....you are right though, I would definitely suggest more ram, at least 4 gigs, and I would opt for two HDs, 500 gig each. Also, that graphics card is good, but I think you might want to do a little bit better there as well, but for the most part you have a good system!!! I prefer windows 7 over Vista, but that is just me......Goodluck man, you are going to be doing some serious gaming with this new system!!!

5. Default

Yea I would suggest trying to talk her into buying the parts yourself and setting up your own rig. When you buy pre made machines you are paying for labor and company name aswell. Whether it be a good name or not.

res that's a ripoff for $1,400.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Buy an E-machines , they're Anex approved.

8. Default

lol buy the parts and put it together yourself. or just buy the parts and pay for someone 2 put it together for you. 1400 for that is a HORRIBLE DEAL

I paid 700 bucks for my PC and it's better then the 1 you posted... and the reason for that is cause I didn't buy it from a big company.

buy the parts, don't buy a pre-made rig from some big wig company.
    Last edited by maynard; 03-01-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

I could build you a computer twice as good as that for under $900. If you're paying anything more than $500 for that thing you're getting ripped off.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

res you are missed. hurry back.

Maynard - The WCS Guy