Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Two GG Suggestions

1. Default Two GG Suggestions

I've noticed that the same too many maps (140 something maps and we only go to 13 of them) map problem that plagued ZM also applies to the gungame server as well and I think that these two solutions would really help fix that.

1. Start a poll on the forums each week about if and what maps should be removed out of a list of maps all of the admins have provided to zero on with gungame and maybe zm as well. It could be called GG Map removal pole for whatever date it is.

That way we acomplish three things. Lower the amount of maps on the server, get rid of the bad maps that no one likes to play on like tesla and prevent a situation from happening like what happened on zm when zero removed 4 corners and a few other good ones even though no one was complaing about them in an effort to fix the map overload problem that still plagues it.

2. Install an advanced map selector algorithm that only selects the maps no ones played on yet, sort of like putting winamp on smart random setting that only selects the songs you dont normally listen to in your collection that resets once its gone through everything, granted admins should stil be able to put up custom map votes but when there not on it should resume that way normally.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I've noticed that the same too many maps (140 something maps and we only go to 13 of them) map problem that plagued ZM also applies to the gungame server as well and I think that these two solutions would really help fix that.

1. Start a poll on the forums each week about if and what maps should be removed out of a list of maps all of the admins have provided to zero on with gungame and maybe zm as well. It could be called GG Map removal pole for whatever date it is.

That way we acomplish three things. Lower the amount of maps on the server, get rid of the bad maps that no one likes to play on like tesla and prevent a situation from happening like what happened on zm when zero removed 4 corners and a few other good ones even though no one was complaing about them in an effort to fix the map overload problem that still plagues it.

2. Install an advanced map selector algorithm that only selects the maps no ones played on yet, sort of like putting winamp on smart random setting that only selects the songs you dont normally listen to in your collection that resets once its gone through everything, granted admins should stil be able to put up custom map votes but when there not on it should resume that way normally.
    Thats because most of the maps suck and only 12 or so of them are really good. I don't know about you but I would rather play good maps then bad ones. Yes tesla and what not suck and zero has been fully aware of this issue, I have told him this in the past, and so has other people, go look for bumpkins post.

3. Default

yeah, toasties went through made an entire list of each map, we played through them all one night, made reccomendations, and nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

From 03/25/2010 in Rules...

Quote:
    ZERO,

Just a FYI and a request for addition(s) to the rules that are listed on the server but not here. Also, another couple of situations that have been a thorn in the side of many ppl, at least on GG.

With the new format + warm-up round of grenades, the choices of killing another team mate are available even though it's a warm-up round and more times than not the people that do this, even after multiple requests on my part and other Admins, sometimes do it so late that it carries over to the main game therefore affecting the player when the stats have begun, therefore putting them at a disadvantage of having to wait for the second round to play, totally unfair and for those that pay close attention to their stats a big drawback.

Is it possible to disable the option(s) if killed by a grenade by a team mate, IE: slay, drug, fire, etc.? (that should also include TKing on warm-up) because some of these asshats JUST DON'T GET IT !!!

The other request is that quite a few of our people that play on GG regularly have stated that the maps never change, and while I agree to an extent, there should be a few rotations of maps that are just not well accepted and always seem to get requests for a change or a RTV...

Some new content would be a welcome change and perhaps some of our regulars would like to participate in a list of potential map adds/changes to make for good PR.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

I understand that Denis but like Acolyte said that he and Toasties have done that before and so have I with ZM

And when he did listen to everyone and start removing maps he did it without looking at anyones carefully put together list, mine included and removed a bunch of good maps. I had put that list together over weeks of playtime on the zm server to make sure that the ones I put down were the ones that 90% of people didnt like.

After that everyone was in arms and blaming me for bringing up the problem and I don't want a repeat of that with GG.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=2125&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I did not even look at their suggestions. I physically played every map and removed the ones that did not work well or that could not be made to work correctly. If there are maps you want back just pst them and I can put them back on.

hence why I think the admins of GG overtime should directly send him a list or a note about a map they hate. Then he finds a common map amongst them and removes it rather than doing a full spring cleaning and end up removing a good map like complex which is the zm equivalent of csk_4_corners.

Which he removed without any mention of it on any list of bad maps or discussion about it, he just removed the map on face value, not how well it played on the server.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 04-16-2010 at 01:42 PM.

6. Default

maybe if you got 10 or so regs to go in the server one day and play through a bunch of new (or rarely played) maps and if they're good have them thrown into the regular rotation

7. Default

They are already are in rotation, that's not the issue.

The issue is that we have way too many maps that we never play that probably suck and instantly get rtv'd off of that need to be removed so the better maps show up more often in the automatic map vote selector.

In particular when the admins aren't there and were forced to play whatever the map selector chose for maps.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 04-17-2010 at 12:21 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    They already are in rotation, thats not the issue.

The issue is that we have way too many maps that we never play that probably suck and instantly get rtv'd off of that need to be removed so the better maps show up more often in the automatic map vote selector.

In particular when the admins aren't there and were forced to play whatever the map selector chose for maps.
    Nice post, I agree

9. Default

I think a lot of them do need to be taken off. There are so many good maps for gg that aren't on the server, but there are also a few maps on the server taht are good that noone gives a chance, for instance stoneworld_obe. Sure, not everyone's taste is the same but I think a good cleaning out would do good. I'd even volunteer my time to go through each map and put up a vote to see how players liked it and jot the notes down if being thorough is an issue.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

10. Default

We have attemted to get maps deleated many times http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2419
    Even though I dont agree with some of them like bestbuy and mcdonalds, for the most part it is a good list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?