Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Take the POLITICAL SPECTRUM TEST

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    The problem with that statement is morals should be in politics, and where do most people get their morals? Religion, however most people are unable to keep them separate so they just drag religion into it.
    I have morals, but they never came from religion. They came from laws and things that my parents told me are wrong. Then you have the morals of abortion and homosexuality which have come directly from religious morals. I don't need a 60 year old ding bat telling me what to do with my vagina because according to him and the Bible abortion is a sin. Takes two to tango, and one decision to say "i don't want this devil child." I don't need that same ding bat to tell me I can't be with a woman because according to God it's suppose to be a man and a woman. Sorry, but morals come far from religion. People just use it as the excuse because it's the easy way to "gain" morals.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

2. Default

Slightly Libertarian. That sounds about right.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    I have morals, but they never came from religion. They came from laws and things that my parents told me are wrong. Then you have the morals of abortion and homosexuality which have come directly from religious morals. I don't need a 60 year old ding bat telling me what to do with my vagina because according to him and the Bible abortion is a sin. Takes two to tango, and one decision to say "i don't want this devil child." I don't need that same ding bat to tell me I can't be with a woman because according to God it's suppose to be a man and a woman. Sorry, but morals come far from religion. People just use it as the excuse because it's the easy way to "gain" morals.
    I said most peoples morals...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Yep. Seems about right. I would have placed me a bit closer to the line separating Authoritarian and Libertarian than this particular test did, but I think it's pretty spot-on.

Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

Actually I believe that creating a government that allows people to make their own choices and exercise their own free will is the ultimate implementation of my religious ideology. I base this from the following:

God created man
    God gave man free will
    God will not interfere with free will

So free will > GOD > Humans

Therefore humans should not be messing with free will and therefore it would be against God to directly interfere in someones ability to act on his free will. Now logically we can not allow people so much free will that they are able to take this from others but I think it should be apparent where I am going.

Using this logic I have determined that the society that preserves maximum liberty and freedom is closest to what God wanted. Ergo by ensuring that people are able to obtain maximum liberty I am fulfilling Gods will.

6. Default