Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Gaming Rigs

1. Default

You see manbearpig he doesn't take pictures with the bottle of lotion on his desk.
    Last edited by Dual; 08-31-2008 at 10:22 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I See the box of tissues, what happen you use up all the lotion!
    LMAO !!!!!!

3. Default Thermalright Ultra 120

I'm going to build a new PC shortly so I want to get the Thermalright Ultra 120 but newegg.com hasn't had it in stock for at least a month. Where's a good place to get this? Any other heat sinks I could look into?

4. Default

TigerDirect.com

If your looking for the best of the best....

Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer
    The Ultra 120 Extreme w/a Scythe or Nuctua fan.
    3Rsystem Iceage 120
    Coolermaster Hyper 212

IMO the Tuniq Tower 120 wich comes with an adjsutable fan and is pretty damn good. Attaches secure but it is big. Couple celcious below the Ulta but it's only ~45$

Really though threes are questions you have to ask yourself.

How much noise can you bear?
    Do you want maximum cooling?
    Does size matter?
    Are you going to Overclock?

Look at this Chart/Site http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2271&page=5
    You can look for yourself on thermal ratings/noise /size for comaprison of what you need

5. Default

Don't see the Thermalright Ultra 120 on Tigerdirect. I was really hoping to get it.
    Not sure how much I'll be overclocking. I got the Q9550.
    The Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer looks good. How loud can it possibly be?
    Last edited by Walter; 09-05-2008 at 10:49 PM.

6. Default

Look at the decibles, that should tell you. I'm not sure myself.

Haven't found the need to OC my Q6600 yet, + im on stock cooling.

7. Default

I'm not sure what 50 decibels is going to sound like though. Is there anything common that is close to that?

8. Default

A jet engine?

Really though, my Antec Tri-Cool fans run and 30db max speed and you can hear it with the tv off or no sound . At low 25 db I can barely here anything. The CPU noise will be muffled a bit by the case. You'll probly here it pretty good, then again if your not gaming you can lower the speed manually or just leave it automatic and it will lower. You'll be hearing game sounds anyhow so it shouldn't matter much.

Hell I leave all 4 (x30db) of my 120 MM fans running @ 100% + the CPU Fan (stock) @ 100%. The "white noise" doesn't really bother me or make enough sound to interfere with my Television or Music. My case has acoustic dampening (Antec-P182) so the 50db fan wouldn't be quite so much. I probably wouldn't notice it much at all.

9. Default

The loudest thing in my media center is the hard drive.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I See the box of tissues, what happen you use up all the lotion!
    lmao thats crusty. nasty ass