9 56.25%
  • No

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: reduce slots?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You can see that here: http://www.zmtop50.com/index.php?a=stats&u=zeroibis

The number of unique players to view the motd and the number of times it has been viewed. Using this you can figure that if in a 24 hour period 1,500 people connected and the server is usually full the average player stays on for about 45min or 1 map. This is fairly reasonable as there are some who leave fast and some who stay on much longer. Also note that the numbers are off b/c it also records views of the main forum page.

Also I wanted to point out that it is only 40 slots not 42 the 41-43 is for connections so that admins and reserved slot users do not need to be held up by people with lagged connections or people who are just trying to connect in infinite loops to get in. In theory this also means that 3 admins could join when the server is full at the same time. Having more than 1 reserved slot is very rare but due to this server being one of the most popular ones ever made additional connection slots were needed to ensure that admins and reserved slot users are not effected.
    and sometimes I still cannot get on the server.

2. Default

yea, for that to happen 4 people that are not admin or reserved slot users must connect at the exact same time when the server is already full. If this happens we all got to wait for them to GTFO of the way so we can connect.

3. Default

i say down to 34-38.

Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

4. Default

Is there anyway to make it so the reserved slots are invisibile so when I put it on to autoconnect it doesnt just keep connecting and then telling me I don't have a reserved slot?
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 04-23-2010 at 03:49 PM.

5. Default

When it's full why don't you guys just set it to auto-connect? When there's a spot, go get a drink or a snack, and when you get back you'll probably be in the server.