Thread: "unskin" awp

1. Default "unskin" awp

sooo...i hate the awp. the sight of it, the cheapness of it, everything. there are no good skins i can find which encase my disdain for it, do i'd like to simply de-skin it. if i keep the model intact, it should be bright purple/black in my view. what file would i want to delete to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

AWP Files located in your cstrike:

You can delete/replace files with blank ones or delete the folders here.

Materials\models\weapons\v_models\snip_awp

Replacing files is much easier then deleting them. For instance I replaced my "Fire in the hole" radio sound with a sound file that has no sound on it. I don't hear anything now when people throw nades. fpsbanana.com might have a deskinner... maybe..

Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp.v mt
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp.v tf
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_r ef.vtf
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_s cope.tga
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_s cope.vmt
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_s cope.vtf
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_s cope_ref.tga
    Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_s cope_ref.vtf

If you can't locate your files, they are located in Program Files>Steam>steamapps. They are in GCF files (I don't know which one), you will need a decompiler to get the rid of the files you want.
    Last edited by anex; 04-23-2010 at 02:34 PM.

3. Default

In soviet russia, the awp de textures you

4. Default

Oh you.. your hilarious Spasm.

Attached Images

5. Default

hmmm, what if i installed an awp skin, then deleted the .vct and vnt (i think those are the file types)? i don;t need a compiler when i install skins normally, so would that work?
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

6. Default

I don't know, maybe. Try it. Though I would say that a safe bet would be to just replace those skin files with blank ones. Mess around with the skin files in Photoshop and just make the files transparent so that when you play ingame css will load up see through skins, which will make it "de-skinned"

7. Default

but i want the purple and black shit.

8. Default

Then I must send you to for further instructions.