Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I just finished...

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl

I gave it a 9/10. It's incredibly good for so many reasons. Gender-bender romantic comedy at its finest, or at least close to finest.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/667/Kas...rl_Meets_Girl~
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    There is no The Tower of DRUAGA movie. Where did you get that info master?
    There is a special though. This might be what you thought you saw. Also people overlook this special a lot, maybe because it's not particularly important but it's still worth a watch.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4798/To..._Jil_no_Bouken

3. Default

I just finished Hyakko and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4550/Hyakko
    Hyakko was good, but i had to force myself to watch each episode due to lack of motivation to continue on. The series was fine, i just couldn't be interested to continue watching after each ep

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6347/Ba..._to_Shoukanjuu
    Baka to Test was pretty funny. Its a series pretty much imitating stuff you would see from studio Shaft, and they did a pretty good job at it. It was slightly generic, but really funny to watch. The evangelion parodies in one of the episodes made me lol hard
    Hopefully a season 2 is green lit for it, i would like to watch it more

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    Hopefully a season 2 is green lit for it, i would like to watch it more
    It was. Remember? It happened right after season 1 finished.

5. Default

I do however I am still pissed that I must continue to wait.

6. Arrow

K-On!

comedy, slice of life

Think school of rock meets anime. This is a fun series with characters you will enjoy

The second season is currently airing.

7. Default

Grenadier: Hohoemi No Senshi Episodes

Summary

Rushuna is a blonde and very beautiful Senshi (gun expert) that travels through the world with one purpose. This is to make the world a peaceful place by instead of fighting with weapons, taking away the people´s will to fight by giving them a smile. Although she doesn´t want to fight, she is forced too and shows amazing gun skills. In this journey she meets Yajiro, a Mercenary that uses a sword to fight and joins her on her journey.

Link: http://www.animeseason.com/grenadier-hohoemi-no-senshi/

Thoughts: I like girls who know how to handle a gun.. The kind you shoot with I mean... The kind that shoot bullets I mean..... I mean.. Nevermind.
    Good action, kinda funny.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Thoughts: I like girls who know how to handle a gun.. The kind you shoot with I mean... The kind that shoot bullets I mean..... I mean.. Nevermind.
    Good action, kinda funny.
    Then might I suggest Gunslinger Girl to you. Methinks it is up your alley.

9. Default

Already seen it. I usually go through giant lists of animes and watch the first few episodes to determine if I like any or not, then finish it or move on. Gunslinger Girl kind of disappointed me since there wasn't as much action as I had hoped by the time I finished it, but there was a few nice songs that I ended up getting from the OST.

There needs to be more animes with action that don't involve mechs. There probably are, but I can't find them.. And I don't mean like, watching two people have a stare-off for 4 episodes then fighting for like 3 seconds, which ends up to be nothing but a bunch of flashes.. I know animation is costly, but they did a damn fine job in Samurai Champloo and Soul Eater.. Even though the manga for Soul Eater had more jokes..

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 05-10-2010 at 08:45 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

well, hellsing, pumpkin scissors, trinity blood, and kaze no stigma are all mechless (ish, trinity blood has big-ass tanks, but they're never really featured) and great action series. pumpkin scissors is also hilarious at the same time, and has a kickass intro song.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?