Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Top 10 Animes

1. Default

Bleach #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Meh i like my death note and my neon genesis evangelion.
    So you liked Code Geass too then as in someways it is like a mix between the two you just listed...

I haven't watched FMA: Brotherhood yet...
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    There are 63 eps of Brotherhood though...of course they're not all out yet. The show is still airing in Japan. XD
    Yeah i know.

Should have wrote "Not one episode have been boring so far".
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

5. Default

The forum made me double post :/
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

6. Default

My all time favourite is Wolf's Rain ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygxy_...eature=related

Second Favourite i think is School Days. I mean, how many anime do you know where two of the three main characters die in the most epic bad ending ever?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeCslaQk5_c

and then I also like the following:
    FLCL
    Mai Hime
    Mai Otome (+Mai Otome Zwei and Mai Otome O.Sifr)
    Elfen Lied
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Last edited by Starfish :3; 05-03-2010 at 06:49 AM.

succesful troll is succesful!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenix View Post
    Yeah i know.

Should have wrote "Not one episode have been boring so far".
    From my singaporean l4d2 buddy, duckroll, he seems to think that based on the episode titles for the final few eps, there's going to be at least one movie after Brotherhood ends.

My list:
    1) Revolutionary Girl Utena - Fucked up, good artwork, interesting story.
    2) Macross - This is an incredible series. Seminal in Robot anime. Without Macross, there's a good possibility that the terrific Mecha shows from the late 80's to today wouldn't have come to pass.
    3) Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex - GITS is very similar to Bebop in my mind. Yoko Kanno music, good story, nothing really to complain about.
    4) Cowboy Bebop - Incredible music, terrific and innovative storytelling, and a fuckton of fun.
    5) Ghibli - It's too tough to separate the Ghibli movies. Most of them are terrific. Personal favorites are On Your Mark, Nausicaa, Laputa, Whisper of the Heart, Grave of the Fireflies.
    6) Memories - Memories is an amazing set of three short films. It's story telling in all of them is interesting and unique, and the artwork is varied enough to capture my attention. Magnetic Rose is brilliant.
    7) Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - Gainax attempts shoujo, I guess? I love the melancholy tone of the series, how dense the first 13 episodes are, and the animation.
    8) Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood - 'cause while the first series was good, it wasn't nearly as good as this. Packed full of story, this will be the definitive FMA series.
    9) Blue Gender - Again, I love fucked up situations. A world turned upside down, mecha, and an ok story.
    10) Beck - I'm a sucker for music shows.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

8. Default

fire eye, im going to be an ass and tell you Nausicaa is not ghibli.
    although that is a nice list, I want to watch macross, I recorded plus not to long ago, but they were brodcasted in a weird way so that you could season pass them on tivo so I only got ep 1, so I didnt even bother.

also yoko kano has to be the best anime music composer, I have every single GITS soundtrack XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    fire eye, im going to be an ass and tell you Nausicaa is not ghibli.
    although that is a nice list, I want to watch macross, I recorded plus not to long ago, but they were brodcasted in a weird way so that you could season pass them on tivo so I only got ep 1, so I didnt even bother.

also yoko kano has to be the best anime music composer, I have every single GITS soundtrack XD
    Wha? Nausicaa is absolutely Ghibli. The manga was drawn by Miyazaki, the man behind (other than Nausicaa), Laputa, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, etc. There are some films that he wasn't involved in, but still done by Ghibli, like Grave of the Fireflies.

Here's a nice concise list: http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Main_Page

Macross Plus is pretty good, but it's a bit short (four OVA episodes).
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Wha? Nausicaa is absolutely Ghibli. The manga was drawn by Miyazaki, the man behind (other than Nausicaa), Laputa, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, etc. There are some films that he wasn't involved in, but still done by Ghibli, like Grave of the Fireflies.

Here's a nice concise list: http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Main_Page

Macross Plus is pretty good, but it's a bit short (four OVA episodes).
    It was indeed made by the founders of Ghibli, but before the actual Studio Ghibli existed, Nausicaa was made in 1984 while Studio Ghibli was founded in 1985. But since it is made by the founders, it is still considered a Ghibli movie. So in a way ur both right :3
    Last edited by Starfish :3; 05-03-2010 at 04:23 AM.

succesful troll is succesful!!!