Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince me to watch anime...

1. Default

def action based, i dont think i could see myself watching comedy anime.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    oh man I love comedy
    Samurai champloo like James said is a mix of both.

Other good shows in the action, with out to much comedy genre
    08th Ms team
    Canaan
    Hellsing OVA
    Lupin the III if your into old cartoons, but has a lot of comedy.
    Ghost in the shell also have some good action in them, just look at the amvs in my top ten

Avoid watching anime on Youtube though, either download it or find better streams from places like Hulu or veoh, or buy them, but considering this would be your first steps I doubt youd want to do that. try to avoid the bootlegs like what Loka put up <.<
    Last edited by StarsMine; 04-28-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    My first anime was Berserk. If you know whats good for you, you will watch Berserk. UTE can testify to that.

http://www.animeniacs.com/item/DVD0018.html

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Going to watch some tomorrow btw, since my desktop is down, all I got is my old ass laptop, and now lots of free time lol

5. Default

I don't really think it's "anime", but I never thought I would like anything even remotely close.. but Death Note is a great animated series. Check it out. It's about a notebook that can kill by simply writing someones name, time of death, and way of death. It normally belongs to the death gods, however one of them drops it into the human realm and human boy finds it...and there are all kinds of twists and turns. Really really good.

It started out as manga.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

Yeah but by the second season it got stupid, sgt frog is both comedy and action by the way

if your looking for pure action Black Lagoons a pretty good choice.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    It started out as manga.
    Most anime started out as mangas. Anime nerds prefer to read the mangas since they add more to the story where as animes might cut information (small or big) from the story line. For example, Berserk stops at 25 episodes, but the manga continues. I don't know WHY they did this, but its enough to piss you off and want to go look at the manga to continue the story.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

hey fuck you loka. manga>anime. you get so much more of the story without all the sidetrack bullshit of whatever network is airing the series.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    hey fuck you loka. manga>anime. you get so much more of the story without all the sidetrack bullshit of whatever network is airing the series.
    hey! i didn't say i don't like mangas. i was just pissed cause i was like "wtf thats it?" and this particular one is rare to find in the US cause Darkhorse rarely publishes them and you can only find them online for $$$$. I read the Bleach mangas since they also neglect info and then watch them. :P

มวยไทย

10. Default

come on loka, its the internet. you can find anything you dream of here...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton