Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Convince me to watch anime...

1. Default

use animeseason.com
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

If you wanted something action based then see:
    Ga-Rei Zero

Here is what I would recommend in general to someone new. Any of these you should be able to watch however you should look up some info and see if that is the type of series you would enjoy.

Afro Samurai -Action
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu -Comedy
    Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion -Action (fan serv may drag it out in parts)
    Cowboy Bebop -Action
    Death Note -Drama, this is a slow series watch if you just enjoy suspense and intellectual conflict.
    Eden of the East -Action, Drama, some romance this is highly recommended.
    Ghost in the Shell -Action
    Initial D -Drifting
    K-on! -School Band Comedy
    Last Exile -If you like fantastic and action this has a good story and is very enjoyable.
    Maburaho -Magic and boobs? Romantic Comedy
    Samurai 7 -Anime version of the famous movie 7 Samurai

3. Default

spasm just start with something simple. go to www.hentai.com

just kidding.

message me on steam and i'll give you some suggestions.

PEW PEW PEW™

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    hey! i didn't say i don't like mangas. i was just pissed cause i was like "wtf thats it?" and this particular one is rare to find in the US cause Darkhorse rarely publishes them and you can only find them online for $$$$.
    That may be so, but buying bootleg is worse then pirating it.
    You waist money on shitty quality and none of it goes to the people who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

For a generally good mystery/WTF series, I will always recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to anyone. If you don't have a problem with cute girls dismembering each other, alleged demonic activity, mind-bending time loops, and overall creepy style and direction, you will most likely enjoy it. It's known as When They Cry here in the states.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a story that is just fun to watch, why not give some anime movies a try? Akira has been mentioned, but I'm thinking more along the lines of pleasant and non-apocalyptic. If you would like an innocent but fun and artsy romantic tale, try Toki wa Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time), Summer Wars, 5 centimeters per second, and The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

If you're looking for mainstream anime movies that you can guarantee most anime fans have seen, try a Hayao Miyazaki movie. Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away will do nicely.

I've turned a lot of my friends into fans of anime over the years, and I usually start them off with Shakugan no Shana. It goes well at least 70% of the time. XD
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

6. Default

along with Shakugan no Shana

Zero no Tsukaima, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Kanon are pretty godo starter series

ZnT = pretty good Harem series to start
    Haruhi = ....ummm Haruhi is in its own category
    Kanon = Really Kanon, Clannad, Sola, Air, Munto, etc anything done by Kyoto animation is a good thing to impress people and get them on anime

Personally i got hooked on anime through Kanon, i thought it was absolutely amazing

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    Elfin leid! Awesome
    My god are you fucking serious? I watched that and i'm scared to pick it back up again..

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    My god are you fucking serious? I watched that and i'm scared to pick it back up again..
    Elfen Lied is great if you like obsessive gore throughout the series

if you like the characters from Elfen lied however, the Author Okamoto Lynn did some pretty amazing manga series as well

Allumage is absolutely one of the most impressive one-shots ive ever read
    and i know for sure the author is doing a series on ski jumping that is really impressive called Nononono

Im reading each new chapter obsessively and its really good stuff

(Edit) forgot to link his profile
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=27513

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    Elfen Lied is great if you like obsessive gore throughout the series

if you like the characters from Elfen lied however, the Author Okamoto Lynn did some pretty amazing manga series as well
    I think I should tell you that master is only 13 years old, youngest guy here.

As we said before that show would be to heavy for a first timer and would put alot of people off

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

blood, gore, death, and destruction> childhood bs.

hurry up and grow up chef!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton